1. Why is there a best before date on Sour Cream?
2. Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?
3. Why are cigarettes sold in gas stations when smoking is prohibited there?
4. If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
5. Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
6. If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?
7. Why do banks charge you a "in-sufficient funds fee" on money they already know you don't have?
8. Why do we wash bath towels? Aren't we clean when we use them?
9. If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?
10. And if Solomon was the wisest man to have ever lived, then why did he end out his life so poorly?
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Brian Mavis on Oct 30, 2000
Our house was directly across the street from the clinic entrance of John Hopkins in Baltimore. We lived downstairs and rented the upstairs rooms to outpatients at the clinic. One summer evening as I was fixing supper, there was a knock at the door. I opened it to see a truly awful looking man. ...read more
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 27, 2000
I read an amusing story about the first Duke of Wellington. An inventor was trying to interest him in a bulletproof waistcoat he had made. It was absolutely marvellous and could save the great man’s life if somebody tried to assassinate him. The Iron Duke asked the man to put it on, and he ...read more
Contributed by Dennis Marquardt on Jan 23, 2001
ILLUS: Moral erosion continues in America, according to James Patterson and Peter Kim. They report that 74 percent of Americans will steal from those who won’t miss it, and 64 percent will lie for convenience as long as no one is hurt. Most Americans (93 percent) say they alone decide moral ...read more