• The city limits signs are both on the same post!
• The local Motel 6 sleeps 6. (You’ll notice is says that in Bethlehem “…there was no room in THE Inn.” Bethlehem didn’t have a big tourism industry.)
• You know you’re from a small town when: You call a wrong number and they supply you with the correct one.
• You don’t signal turns because everyone knows where you’re going anyway.
• The one-block-long Main Street dead ends in both directions. (That’s actually the case in Juneau, Alaska.)
• Driving cars up and down Main Street is a universal High School experience.
• A “Night on the Town” takes exactly 11 minutes. (By the way, if you’re getting these jokes, then you’re from a small town.)
• The New Year’s baby was ...
Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Melvin Newland on Nov 6, 2001
Wally was a 7th grade student who was bigger than any of the other students in his Sunday school class. His mother had been an alcoholic when he was born, & as a result, Wally just did not have all the mental capabilities that the rest of his classmates had. But somehow he managed to get ...read more
Contributed by Jim Kane on Dec 3, 2001
I believe that a picture of Jesus’ birth has been painted throughout the years of a quiet and calm night in which everything was still and hushed. I don’t think so. Let’s think about if for a moment. What if every man in this country had to go back to his hometown on January 31, 2010 and register ...read more
Contributed by Aaron Burgess on Dec 29, 2001
Frank Shaut Jr. told me that he arranged for him and his wife Heather to honeymoon in the beautiful Poconos in Pennsylvania. The town nearest the Poconos is a small village Bethlehem, PA. And so Frank called to reserve a room but he was told that the only hotel in Bethlehem, PA was full for a ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Nov 24, 2002
THE LIGHT OF THE CHRISTMAS STAR In New York’s Hayden Planetarium a special Christmas holiday show was enhanced by an added feature. A giant lollipop tree was projected onto the planetarium dome, surrounded by a horizon filled with brilliantly colored toys which came to life and cavorted to the ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Dec 10, 2002
On of the standard Christmas stories at my in-laws is the gift that my brother-in-law received one Christmas. All of the grandparents had driven in on Christmas day and they were gathered in the den unwrapping presents. At my family get-togethers we all dive right in an open our presents ...read more