Bill Gates called together his top male experts and his best female experts and told them he’d give them a day to come up with a recommendation for what gender a Computer should be. Needless to say, they couldn’t agree. Here’s what they came up with.
The women said computers should be masculine. Here were their reasons.
• A computer is definitely masculine because … the only way to get their attention, is to turn them on;
• They have a lot of data … but they are still clueless;
• They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they ARE the problem … and …
• As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you’d waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The men’s group said computers should definitely be feminine because:
• No one but their Creator understands their internal logic;
• The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else;
• Even the smallest mistakes are stored permanently in long-term memory for later retrieval … and …
• As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 18, 2000
If you look at a sundial on a cloudy day, the pointer doesn’t leave a shadow to indicate the time, it’s quite ineffective in that state. Without the “sealing of the Spirit” we’re just like that sundial, failing to live up to expectation and realizing our ...read more
Contributed by James Wilson on Nov 23, 2000
God’s design is for a man and woman to enter into a permanent, intimate relationship with one another. A relationship like Eddie and Mary enjoy. Let me read you a letter that Eddie wrote to Ann Landers: Dear Ann Landers: On Aug. 14, 1945, the war ended in the South Pacific. That was ...read more
Contributed by Brian Mavis on Oct 26, 2000
Questions about love, marriage and sex were posed to kids ages 5 to 10. Here are a few of their responses: WHAT IS THE PROPER AGE TO GET MARRIED? (Judy, 8) “Eight-four. Because at that age, you don’t have to work anymore, and you can spend all your time loving each other in your ...read more
Contributed by Denn Guptill on Oct 31, 2000
Listen to the words of a Minister who ended up with a ruined marriage and a ruined ministry after a one night stand "adultery isn’t something that happens with the act -- it happens months beforehand. It’s an attitude. You disconnect ...read more
Contributed by Davon Huss on Jan 29, 2001
One of the powerful figures in Wall Street fell in love with an actress. For many months he was always seen escorting her about in the fashionable circles of town. Deciding to marry her, he first put a private detective to the job of looking into her former dealings and friends in order to guard ...read more