Let me share with you some pictures and some facts about this palace.Estimates of the materials used include
- one million cubic meters of marble;
- 3,500 metric tonnes of crystal - 480 chandeliers,
- 1,409 ceiling lights and mirrors hand manufactured;
- 700,000 tonnes of steel and bronze for monumental doors and windows, chandeliers and capitals;
- 900,000 cubic meters of wood for hadwood floor and wainscotting, including walnut, oak, sweet cherry, elm, sycamore maple;
- 2,000,000 square/feet of woolen carpets of various dimensions (havy trucks had to drove inside the building to weave some of the larger carpets);
- velvet and brocade curtains adorned with embroideries and passementeries in silver and gold.
- It is the second largest administrative building in the world by surface area of its floors, just behind the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.
- It is 10% larger by volume than the Great Pyramid of Giza. (Wikipedia)
And this palace was open for everybody, after Ceausescu death. But in three months only, the administrators closed the doors again. The palace became ruined. Big problems with people with no manners. They were destroying the palace, stealing the precious things…