2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home.
3. God won’t ask about the fancy clothes you had in your closet, but will ask how many of those clothes helped the needy.
4. God won’t ask about your social status, but will ask what kind of class you displayed.
5. God won’t ask how many material possessions you had, but will ask if they dictated your life.
6. God won’t ask what your highest salary was, but will ask if you compromised your character to obtain that salary.
7. God won’t ask how much overtime you worked, but will ask if you worked overtime for your family and loved ones.
8. God won’t ask how many promotions you received, but will ask how you promoted others.
9. God won’t ask what your job title was, but will ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.
10. God won’t ask what you did to help yourself, but will ask what you did to help others.
11. God won’t ask how many friends you had, but will ask how many people to whom you were a true friend.
12. God won’t ask what you did to protect your rights, but will ask what you did to protect the rights of others.
13. God won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived, but will ask how you treated your neighbors.
14. God won’t ask about the color of your skin, but will ask about the content of your character.
15. God won’t ask how many times your deeds matched your words, but will ask how many times they didn’t.
Copyright 1999 Gibson Productions
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Tim Gibson on Nov 23, 2000
1. God won’t ask what kind of car you drove, but will ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation. 2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house, but will ask how many people you welcomed into your home. 3. God won’t ask about the fancy ...read more
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 18, 2000
Choices have to be made by all of us at some time. A poet (James Russell Lowell) put it like this: "Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide; Some great cause, God’s new Messiah, offering each the bloom or blight; Parts the goats upon the left hand, and the ...read more
Contributed by Sermoncentral on Jan 9, 2001
In the movie CASUALTIES OF WAR, Michael J. Fox plays Private Erikson, a soldier in Vietnam who is part of a squad that abducts and rapes a young Vietnamese girl. He didn’t participate in the crime. Afterward, as he struggles with what has happened, he says to the other men in his squad, ...read more
Contributed by Mark Hensley on Jan 26, 2001
In November I975, 75 convicts started digging a secret tunnel designed to bring them up at the other side of the wall of Saltillo Prison in northern Mexico. On April 18, 1976, guided by pure genius, they tunneled up into the nearby courtroom in which many of them had been sentenced. The surprised ...read more
Contributed by Victor Yap on Jan 29, 2001
Abraham Lincoln once said, ¡§If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. I do the very best I know how -¡Vthe very best I can; and I mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what is ...read more