2. Your blood travels 168,000,000 miles every 24 hours.
3. You breathe 23,040 times every 24 hours.
4. You inhale 438 cubic feet of air every 24 hours.
5. You eat about 3 1/2 pounds of food every 24 hours.
6. You drink about 2.9 quarts of liquid every 24 hours.
7. You lose about a pound of waste every 24 hours.
8. You speak about 4,800 words every 24 hours.
9. You move 750 muscles every 24 hours.
10. Your nails grow .000046 inch every 24 hours.
11. You exercise 7,000,000 brain cells, it is no wonder you feel tired!
Psa 139:13-14 (AMP) For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well.
Related Text Illustrations
Contributed by Owen Bourgaize on Oct 18, 2000
I heard a scientist explaining the mystery of "black holes" in the universe. They are stars which have collapsed and so do not emit light but nevertheless are a powerful force although not visible. The scientist likened it to a dance floor, with the ladies in white dresses and the men all in ...read more
Contributed by Jeff Strite on Jan 10, 2001
Poem: He was just a little lad, and on the week’s first day, Was wandering home from Sunday School, and dawdling on the way. He scuffed his shoes into the grass; he found a caterpillar He found a fluffy milkweed pod, and blew out all the ...read more
Contributed by Rich Young on Jan 17, 2001
We should be like little Johnny. After church, Johnny tells his parents he has to go and talk to the minister right away. They agree and the pastor greets the family. "Pastor," Johnny says, "I heard you say today that our bodies came from the dust & when we die our bodies go back to ...read more
Contributed by Denn Guptill on Oct 23, 2000
Abraham Lincoln said “I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could ...read more
Contributed by Brendon Bridges on Nov 2, 2000
A doctor, an architect, and a lawyer were arguing over who had the oldest profession. The doctor said, "Well the first operation was performed on Adam, so the medical profession is the oldest." "No," said the architect, "Architectural planning and design was needed to create the earth and the ...read more
Contributed by Jim Butcher on Nov 13, 2000
Examination of the spiritual implications of the charting of the human genome.