Sexual Addiction is from the dark side and those who struggle with it need deliverance. This is only possible by surrendering your life over to the Lord Jesus Christ – Lets look at the symptoms of a sex addict:
1. Sexual acting out despite serious consequences and repeated attempts at control.
2. Inability to stop (or powerlessness) despite adverse consequences, with frequent use of denial, rationalization, and minimization to hide both the problem and the underlying shame.
3. Neglect or sacrifice of important social, family, occupational, or recreational activities because of sexual behavior.
4. An ongoing desire or effort to limit sexual behavior.
5. An inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience.
6. Risk taking.
7. Living a double life.
8. Decrease in one’s spiritual or religious life. A constant violation of one’s value system.
9. Endangering one’s professional and family life.
10. This information is from http://www.firesofdarkness.com/answers/index.htm
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Martin Wiles on Apr 30, 2002
George Barna’s research of 1996 and 1997. 1. Many professing Christians believe that people are inherently good, that our primary purpose is to enjoy life and that our most important responsibility is to take care of our family. 2. 81% believe that the Bible teaches that God helps those who help ...read more
Contributed by Brian Oberg on Jul 22, 2005
Several years ago in an interview during his battle with cancer, theologian Francis Schaeffer said, “The only way to be foolishly happy in this world is to be young enough, well enough, and have money enough—and not give a care about other people. But as soon as you don’t have any ...read more
Contributed by Timothy Smith on Sep 3, 2005
Several years ago the American Heart Association published the results of a remarkable scientific study. In 1998 Dr. Randy Bird did a study of 393 coronary care patients at Duke University Hospital. Dr. Bird is not a Christian and this is not a Christian study. But it asked the question: “Does ...read more
Contributed by Andrew Chan on Apr 26, 2002
Longer richer life: “Married folks also live longer and make more money” was the claim made by a CT Today article. Also, “according to a German medical magazine, which reported the results of an insurance company survey, a husband who kisses his wife each day before they separate for work will ...read more
Contributed by Ed Vasicek on Apr 26, 2002
A couple had been married for 35 years. The wife gave her husband a grapefruit for breakfast every day of their married life. One day, she ran out of grapefruit and apologized passionately to her husband. The ...read more
Contributed by Jason Jones on Aug 21, 2008
This is number six in a series of sermons on the John Brown Church Covenant of 1858 which with some variation is the covenant that our church uses. this message deals with alcohol, drugs, and sexual immorality.
Contributed by Alvin Hathaway, Sr. on May 20, 2011
While sin is an act, much like to drink or to drug; sinning is a state of being, just like being an alcoholic or being a drug addict. Therefore, if one wants to be rehabilitated from the state of being a sinner, then one needs a 12 step program to support