c. ILLUSTRATION: When I think of this, I think about our desires to do great things.
1) We could go to a concert where a world-renowned musician plays a tune on a piano for 30 minutes straight.
2) It’s beautiful. It’s heavenly. It’s euphoric.
3) And what do we all say after an experience like that?
4) “Boy, I wish I could play the piano like that…”
5) Do we mean that?
a) OF COURSE WE DON’T!
b) We don’t really mean that!
6) I don’t mean that I want to put in the 6 months of work it takes, not to mention the lifetime of preparation, to just play that 30 minute piece.
d. That is not what a resolution is: a whim to want something wonderful.
e. A resolution is a decision to pursue & achieve something wonderful.