Can you imagine what the world will be like 100 years from now if the Lord tarries His return?
All you have to do is to have some idea what the world will be like is to just look back 100 years and consider what the world was like then… and consider the incredible rate of change that we’ve experienced over these 100 years… and to understand that – that rate of change is actually accelerating... to understand what it will be like 100 years hence.
Think about it… 100 years ago… at the turn of the 20th century… here in America…
• Over 50% of the population were involved in agriculture – in farming today – less than 2% of the people are involved in any way in agricultural vocation.
• 100 years ago – the 2nd largest vocational group in America was being a “domestic servant” How many of you have domestic servants at home? I don’t even know any – even though some housewives would argue that point with me.
Technologically - In 1900…
• You would find no Airplanes
• You would find no Computers, fax machines, emails
• No CD’s - Cassettes - No 8 tracks or Record albums -- Whatever those are…?
• There were no Credit cards
• No mutual funds
• No multi-national Corporations
• There were no Interstate highways
• There were no Fast-food restaurants… I’m not sure there are today… some just like to call themselves “Fast food”
In fact – 100 years ago…
• The “Big Mac” was 50 years from creation. How did people live?
100 years ago… There was no…
• Mickey Mouse
• No Theme parks - roller coasters
• No “Colts”
• No “Pacers”
There were no…
• Talking movies
• No video tapes
• No VCR’s - No Laser disc -- No DVD’s – (No BVD’s)
There was no…
• Open heart surgery
• No organ transplants
It was not even imaginable… 100 years ago.
100 years ago… there were no cures… for many of the diseases which plagued mankind…
And now, of course – change continues – and if anything – it continues to ACCELARATE!