I Read A Story Of A Soldier In Wwi Who Was So ...
Contributed by Bo Dunford on Jan 21, 2009 (message contributor)
*I read a story of a soldier in WWI who was so distraught with the war that he deserted!
* Tried to find his way to the coast so he could catch a boat, make his way back home to England.
* In the darkness of the night he stumbled on a road sign. * It was so dark and he was so lost, he
had no idea what the sign said and decided to climb the pole.
* When he got to the crossbeam, he held on to read the sign!
* Took out a match, lit it, and looked directly into the face of Jesus.
* He had climbed an outdoor crucifix!
* Stunned by what he saw, he realized the shame of his life!
* He was looking into the face of the One who had endured it all and had never turned back.
* The next morning, the soldier was back in the trenches.
* You and I tonight need to look into the face of the One who endured all the punishment and
shame of our sin and never turned back.
* And as we look into His face, we must ask ourselves, “Am I totally loyal to the One who is
totally loyal to me?”
Related Sermon Illustrations
An Umpire Named Babe Pinelli ... PRO
Contributed by David Hill on Jul 8, 2004
Illustration: An umpire named Babe Pinelli once called Babe Ruth out on strikes. When the crowd booed with sharp disapproval at the call, the legendary Ruth turned to the umpire with disdain and said, "There’s 40,000 people here who know that the last pitch was ball, tomato head." Suspecting ...read more
Every Time You Make A Choice PRO
Contributed by Philip Harrelson on Feb 10, 2005
C. S. Lewis wrote in Mere Christianity: Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before. And taking your life as a whole, with all your innumerable choices, all your life long you are ...read more
I'm 14, Depressed And See No Reason To Live
Contributed by Bo Lane on Dec 8, 2004
I’m 14, depressed and see no reason to live. Hi. Look I am 14 almost 15 and well I am depressed. Majorly depressed. I have no life. I mean come on, I have no friends, I am picked because my appearance is different, soccer practices are really crappy (I get made fun of, tripped, soccer balls are ...read more
William Booth Tied Faith And Works Together ... PRO
Contributed by Noah Kaye on Apr 21, 2005
• William Booth tied faith and works together perfectly when He said this in an article in Christianity Today “Faith and works should travel side by side, step answering to step, like the legs of men walking. First faith, and then works; and then faith again, and then ...read more
John Wesley And A Preacher-Friend Of Plain Habits ... PRO
Contributed by Lou Nicholes on May 25, 2005
John Wesley and a preacher-friend of plain habits were once invited to dinner where the host’s daughter, noted for her beauty, had been profoundly impressed by Wesley’s preaching. During a pause in the meal, Wesley’s friend took the young woman’s hand and called attention to the sparkling rings she ...read more
Come Down From Your Sycamore Tree Series
Contributed by Spencer Miller on May 22, 2013
Zacchaeus' whole life changed; he completely turned around from a sinful life and thus became a child of God. God noticed the unnoticed.
The Power And Love And Forgiveness
Contributed by Anthony Zibolski on May 16, 2013
They say that love and forgiveness is powerful, but you put the two together and it is supernatural.
Contributed by John Perry on Aug 14, 2011
Do you ever really take time to do nothing more than appreciate God?
God's Love Makes Us Victorious - Romans 8:37-39
Contributed by William R. Nabaza on Jul 29, 2011
Rom 8:37 No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us! Rom 8:38 For I am certain that nothing can separate us from his love: neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers, neither the present
Who Wants To Be A Winner Series
Contributed by Dr. Jerry N. Watts on May 4, 2007
Being a winner does not have to be a worldly issue. God expects His children to conquer, win, triumph in this world. What are the attributes needed to accomplish this.