When God gives us a vision, something inside us begins to change.
It consumes our thoughts, every move we make we dwell on the burden.
• Vision points you in a direction.
• Vision gives you an opportunity to become more than you already are.
• Vision means that you are not living life merely for yourself.
• Vision has a self-fulfilling destiny when it is connected with God.
• Vision will wake you up in the middle of the night calling out to you.
• You will not be able to get away from a vision because it will pursue you.
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Donnie Martin on May 9, 2002
Nobody to Forgive Me Not long before she died in 1988, in a moment of surprising candor in television, Marghanita Laski, one of our best-known secular humanists and novelists, said, “What I envy most about you Christians is your ...read more
Contributed by David Parks on Oct 21, 2004
On her 60th birthday, a woman from Brooklyn decided to prepare her last will and testament. She went to her rabbi to make two final requests: First, she insisted on cremation. “What is your second request?” the rabbi asked. “I want my ashes scattered over Bloomingdale’s.” “Bloomingdale’s. Why ...read more
Contributed by Larry Norman on May 10, 2002
When Robert Ingersoll the notorious skeptic, was in his heyday, two college students went to hear him lecture. As the walked down the street after the lecture, one said to the other, “Well, I guess he knocked the props out from under Christianity, didn’t he?” The other said, “No, I don’t think he ...read more
Contributed by Guy Glass on Mar 17, 2004
Charles Caleb Colton once said, “To look back to antiquity is one thing, to ...read more