A HEARING TEST
Here’s a test to see if you listen well…
1. A bicycle can’t stand on its own because it is two-tired.
2. What’s the definition of a will? (It’s a dead giveaway).
3. In democracy it’s your vote that counts. In feudalism it’s your count that votes.
4. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
5. A lot of money is tainted. It taint yours and it taint mine.
6. A boiled egg in the morning is hard to beat.
7. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
8. Once you’ve seen one shopping centre you’ve seen a mall.
9. When an actress saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she’d dye.
10. Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
11. Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeet....Continue reading this sermon illustration (Free with PRO)
Related Sermon Illustrations
Contributed by Scott Sharpes on Sep 5, 2002
THE MIRACLE OF GOD’S PRESENCE Lisa Beamer reflects on the loss of her dad in her book, "Let’s Roll." “Slowly I began to understand that the plans God has for us don’t just include ‘good things’, but the whole array of human events. The ‘prospering’ he talks about in the book of Jeremiah is ...read more
Contributed by D. Greg Ebie on Nov 20, 2004
A well know Christian was being interviewed on the radio. The host asked, “How would you defend Christianity?” “I can’t defend Christianity.” “But I thought you were a Christian, why won’t you defend Christianity?” “I am a Christian, but Christianity means something different to you and ...read more
Contributed by Dale Harlow on Sep 5, 2002
UCLA alumni and fans made UCLA football coach Pepper Rodgers’s life miserable during a season when his Bruins got off to a horrible start. Nobody in Southern California would hang out with him. "My dog was my only true friend," Rodgers said of that year. "I told my wife that every man needs at ...read more
Contributed by David Schaal on Sep 10, 2003
Frances Havergal, the song writer, lived and moved in the Word of God. His Word was her constant companion. On the last day of her life, she asked a friend to read to her the 42nd chapter of Isaiah. When the friend read the sixth verse. “I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold ...read more
Contributed by Thomas Cash on Jan 18, 2005
A Sunday School teacher was discussing the 10 commandments with her 5 & 6 year olds. After explaining the commandment to “honor your father and mother,” she asked, “Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and ...read more
Contributed by John Braland on Oct 18, 2006
What is the Holy Spirit? What is it’s function and what do I need to know about it? Millions of peopel equate the Holy Spirit with the Force found in the Star Wars movies. Why is that? This message will eduate non-Christians and equip believers as to