An understanding of the Rapture can be gained from understanding the Jewish Wedding Tradition.
IN THE JEWISH WEDDING TRADITION,
• As the young man becomes of age to marry,
• He builds a room onto his father’s house,
• So there will be a place
• For him and his bride to live.
WHEN THE YOUNG MAN IS READY
• To get married,
• He goes to his father
• And gets permission to go after his bride.
WITH HIS FATHER’S PERMISSION,
• He goes to collect his bride.
• She never knows just when he will come for her,
• So she has to be ready at all times.
WHEN HE IS NEAR HER HOME,
• A trumpet is blown
• To let her know he is there.
• With a shout, he calls her out
• So she can follow him back to the room he prepared.
WHEN THEY GET TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE
• He keeps her there
• For 7 days
AT THE END OF THE SEVEN DAY PERIOD,
• He goes back with her to her home
• And claims to the world,
• his rightful place as a married man.
JESUS IS IN HIS FATHER’S HOUSE,
• And he is building a place
• For His bride (the church) to live.
WHEN GOD THE FATHER GIVES PERMISSION,
• Jesus will then come for His bride (Christians)
• And when he gets here,
• A Trumpet will sound
• And a Shout will occur
• To call his bride to Him.
WHEN WE MEET HIM IN THE AIR,
• We shall follow Him
• To His Father’s house - -
• Where He will keep us for 7 years.
AT THE END OF THAT 7 YEARS,
• Jesus will take us back to earth,
• Where He claims to the world
• His rightful place as
• King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
• The Jewish Wedding Tradition,
• We can see perfectly
• How the RAPTURE will occur.
Contributed by Chuck Sligh on Nov 5, 2017
A discussion based study of 1 Thess. 1:1-10