An understanding of the Rapture can be gained from understanding the Jewish Wedding Tradition.
IN THE JEWISH WEDDING TRADITION,
• As the young man becomes of age to marry,
• He builds a room onto his father’s house,
• So there will be a place
• For him and his bride to live.
WHEN THE YOUNG MAN IS READY
• To get married,
• He goes to his father
• And gets permission to go after his bride.
WITH HIS FATHER’S PERMISSION,
• He goes to collect his bride.
• She never knows just when he will come for her,
• So she has to be ready at all times.
WHEN HE IS NEAR HER HOME,
• A trumpet is blown
• To let her know he is there.
• With a shout, he calls her out
• So she can follow him back to the room he prepared.
WHEN THEY GET TO HIS FATHER’S HOUSE
• He keeps her there
• For 7 days
AT THE END OF THE SEVEN DAY PERIOD,
• He goes back with her to her home
• And claims to the world,
• his rightful place as a married man.
JESUS IS IN HIS FATHER’S HOUSE,
• And he is building a place
• For His bride (the church) to live.
WHEN GOD THE FATHER GIVES PERMISSION,
• Jesus will then come for His bride (Christians)
• And when he gets here,
• A Trumpet will sound
• And a Shout will occur
• To call his bride to Him.
WHEN WE MEET HIM IN THE AIR,
• We shall follow Him
• To His Father’s house - -
• Where He will keep us for 7 years.
AT THE END OF THAT 7 YEARS,
• Jesus will take us back to earth,
• Where He claims to the world
• His rightful place as
• King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
• The Jewish Wedding Tradition,
• We can see perfectly
• How the RAPTURE will occur.
Contributed by Chuck Sligh on Nov 5, 2017
A discussion based study of 1 Thess. 1:1-10
Contributed by Pastor Randall Timblin on Sep 14, 2017
The End of what we know is certainly coming soon. We know not the time, but many of the warning signs are present. We must not only be READY, but we must ready others, less they go through the Wrath of God that is promised and must be fulfilled.