Unforgiveness is a cancer to our souls that carries many curses. However, somehow Joseph was able to overcome that cancer and forgive his brothers when he had the chance to take their lives (Genesis 49-50). His act of forgiveness is a foreshadowing of how Christ forgave his enemies from the Cross and cried out to the Father in Heaven: “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.”
Joseph is a beautiful type of Christ in the Old Testament. The parallels between Joseph and Jesus are amazing.
• Both were loved by their fathers.
• Both were rejected by their brothers.
• Both were tempted greatly.
• Both suffered innocently.
• Both were unjustly tried.
• Both took a Gentile bride.
• Both forgave those who hurt them.
• Both were exalted to a glorious position.
Contributed by Jeff Strite on Mar 20, 2016
Why wasn't Moses allowed into the Promised Land? The short answer is: he sinned, but somehow that doesn't seem quite fair. He was one of the greatest and meekest men in Scripture. Is there something more about God's decision that we need to know?