Marty Williams a Pastor of Family Ministries asks the question that we all must ask ourselves today, “Am I Teachable?” He has 12 thoughts to help us discover if we are teachable:
1. I am willing to listen more than talk.
2. I admit when I am mistaken.
3. I observe before acting on a
Contributed by Rodney Bowen on Feb 7, 2013
THE CHURCH'S ROLE IN PARENTING
Recently reviewing the new book by Dr. Tim Kimmel title, CONNECTING CHURCH & HOME, I found my mind and heart really pierced with the current state of our in-church parenting.
Churches and families need each other. And no, I am not referring to our family’s use
Contributed by Sermon Central on Jan 27, 2006
Pastor Training: The most common types of training pastors seek are:
· Leadership/management skills – 54%
· Church growth – 52%
· Prayer/spiritual growth/renewal – 49%
· Evangelism/outreach training – 45%
· Personal skills training – 28%
· Discipleship/small group development – 26%
Contributed by Paul Wallace on Oct 28, 2008
John Bevere said he visited Jim Bakker in prison and Jim told him that his experience brought about a change of heart. He experienced Jesus as Master for the first time. He lost his family, ministry, everything he owned, and then found Jesus. He said, "John, this prison is not God’s judgement on