Contributed on Jun 3, 2021
Christians should always be in the habit of building up!
- BUILDING UP ONE ANOTHER - Members of One Another Romans 12:4-5 Introduction Daniel Richard wrote, “We are living in a self-serving, self-centered, and self-obsessed modern day rush-rush society filled with negativity and constant tearing down of others…." Between social media bullying ...read more
Contributed on Jun 17, 2021
To “honor” means to put value to something, to consider it precious, weighty, to respect. We consider today how to take the lead in honoring each other to build up the body of Christ!
BUILDING UP ONE ANOTHER HONOR ONE ANOTHER Romans 12:10 Introduction In our series of Building Up One Another we have talked about being Members of One Another and being Devoted to One Another. Today we focus in on a phrase in Romans 12:10: Honor one another above yourselves. What does it mean ...read more
Contributed on Jun 24, 2021
The Church Needs to be a Place Where We Build Up One Another.
- BUILDING UP ONE ANOTHER - BE OF THE SAME MIND WITH ONE ANOTHER Romans 15:5-6 Introduction The Church Needs to be a Place Where We Build Up One Another. This is essential because: We have a common enemy whom we all battle. We have our own inward temptations we fight against. We have the job of ...read more
Contributed on Jul 1, 2021
This is an uncomfortable, difficult, and counter-culture teaching that is based solely on the love of Christ. They had a hard time with it - it was a shock to their system to hear it - but it was God’s way forward.
-Building Up One Another- ACCEPT ONE ANOTHER Romans 15:7 Introduction Romans 15:7 “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.” In his letter of 16 chapters, he raises this in chap 15! This is an uncomfortable, difficult, and counter-culture teaching ...read more
Contributed on Jul 8, 2021
There is a time among brothers and sisters when someone needs to be redirected because of a sin that is damaging themselves or others.
- Building Up One Another - Admonish One Another Introduction There is a time among brothers and sisters when someone needs to be redirected because of a sin that is damaging themselves or others. Most do not like to confront others - even avoid it. We run the risk of damaging a relationship we ...read more
Contributed on Jul 15, 2021
The church gathered should be a welcoming place - a place of warmth, friendship, and acceptance.
-Building Up One Another- GREET ONE ANOTHER Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ send greetings.- Romans 16:16 Introduction The church gathered should be a welcoming place - a place of warmth, friendship, and acceptance. All have visited a church that was welcoming and ...read more
Contributed on Jul 22, 2021
Whether it is serving someone in dire straights or simply serving others as we have opportunity - servitude is the mindset of the Christian life.
Building Up One Another Serve One Another Galatians 5:13 Introduction John Wesley wrote, “One of the principal rules of religion is, to lose no occasion of serving God. And, since he is invisible to our eyes, we are to serve him in our neighbor; which he receives as if done to himself in ...read more
Contributed on Jul 29, 2021
It seems natural that God’s intention for the church is that we become a community where we bear one another’s burdens.
- Building Up One Another - Bear One Another’s Burdens Galatians 6:1-2 Introduction M. Scott Peck begins his book The Road Less Traveled with a three word sentence that is packed with simple, yet profound truth…it reads, “Life is difficult.” Life is filled with burdens. Galatians 6:2 “Bear one ...read more
Contributed on Aug 6, 2021
I doubt that any of us feel worthy of the life that the Lord has given. We are in great need of his grace and help every day.
- Building Up One Another - Bear With One Another Ephesians 4:2 Introduction I doubt that any of us feel worthy of the life that the Lord has given. We are in great need of his grace and help every day. Still, Apostle Paul urged the Ephesians to “live a life worthy of the calling you have ...read more
Contributed on Aug 12, 2021
Submission has to do with a “radical decision to act unselfishly toward others.”
-Building Up One Another - Submit to One Another Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. - Ephesians 5:21 Introduction Have you heard the old story of the ship captain who looked into the dark horizon one night and saw faint lights in the distance? Immediately he told his signalman ...read more
Contributed on Aug 19, 2021
Today’s is an important ingredient in all of these teachings: Encourage One Another.
ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER Introduction All Summer we have been talking about Building Up One Another. Members of One Another, Devoted, Honor, Be of the Same Mind, Accept One Another, Admonish, Greet, Serve, Carry One Another’s Burdens, Bear With, Submit to One another. Each one of these passages ...read more