Contributed on Dec 31, 2014
Isaiah encountered the living God and responded with a sense of awe and service.
1. Peter Marshall once prayed before the U.S. Senate: "Lord, we thank you that we can come to you just as we are. But remind us that we dare not leave as we came." (Senate Chaplain, '47-48) 2. What are some purposes of worship? a. Respect God; Love God; Honor God b. Dying in Service Little ...read more
Contributed on Jan 8, 2015
We are confronted with choices daily. The BIG choice is what to do with God when we see his presence. This becomes a choice about Relationship; Repentance; Rulership; and Renewal.
1. Ski Lift Choice A woman getting onto a ski lift was given instructions that the moment the lift's chair touched her backside she was to sit down and lift her feet from off the ground. Instead when the chair came against her she sat down but was nervous about the height of the lift. Her ...read more
Contributed on Jan 15, 2015
In our worship, we offer sacrifices of praise and become living sacrifices to God.
1. Cost of Freedom When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire-building by George W. Bush. He answered by saying that..."Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young ...read more
Contributed on Jan 19, 2015
Mary risked discomfort and rejection in order to offer Jesus an extravagant gift. What do we risk in our worship?
1. John 12.1-8 2. Selective Hearing (2 Slides) I like the story about a hobo who walked up to the front door of a big farmhouse, and knocked on the door until the owner answered. The hobo said, "Sir, could I please have something to eat? I haven't had a meal in days." The well-to-do owner of the ...read more
Contributed on Jan 29, 2015
We easily get sidetracked from our walk with God in our traditions or preferences. The key to worship and a walk of faith is to focus on Jesus above ourselves.
1. Pulpits A preacher described a special interest he had as a guest speaker to various congregations. "Whenever I preach in a church I haven't been to before, I am always anxious to stand behind the pulpit to get a feel for it. I want to stand there and look out at the still empty pews and ...read more
Contributed on Feb 5, 2015
Worship certainly ascends to the Father but it also goes out to one another.
1. Have a Blessed Day -- A Walmart Greeter in Georgia was censored by his employer when ONE customer complained about his greeting of, "Have a blessed day." Customers overwhelmingly came to his defense and Walmart backed down. a. I realize Wal-Mart is not church but this Greeter was practicing a ...read more