Contributed on Mar 13, 2013
Prayer is powerful! It must be caught and taught to be effective!
1. The need to pray A mother and her children were taking a tour of New York City and were in awe of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. The children were especially curious about the votive candles at the front of the cathedral, so the mother invited each of them to light one. She explained it was customary ...read more
Contributed on Apr 3, 2013
Jesus teaches us to address God as OUR Father. This is a matter of Identity; Relationship; and Personal Touch
1. The Growth of Dads Mark Twain said, "When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man learned in 7 years." The same idea comes across as we look at God. The longer we are in our ...read more
Contributed on Apr 11, 2013
This series includes applications from Brad Young's "The Jewish Background of the Lord's Prayer" and Nehemia Gordon's and Keith Johnson's "A Prayer to Our Father." This lesson deals with Proclaiming, Praising, and Practicing the Name of God.
1. Importance of a Name Shakespeare asked “What’s in a name” a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Many people, like Shakespeare, would say that a name is not important; however, the importance of a name is paramount. In the Bible the name of a person described their ...read more
Contributed on May 8, 2013
Thy kingdom come and thy will be done are saying basically the same thing. The will of God is to be King over us. We must realize God's will and the issues that block us from doing his will.
1. Paternoster A former soldier tells of being stationed in Frankfurt, Germany. When he had to go to the HQ, located in the Abrams Building, he had two options to go upstairs. He could take the stairs or the "Paternoster." This was an unusual elevator which had no doors, only an opening; and it ...read more
Contributed on May 28, 2013
Bread, both physical and spiritual, is necessary for life. Jesus is the eternal bread represented in manna. Our faith gives us access to eternal life through him.
1. G. Mueller and Prayer Things looked bleak for the children in George Mueller’s orphanage at Ashley Downs in England. It was time for breakfast and there was no food. A small girl whose father was a close friend of Mueller was visiting in the home. Mueller took her hand and said, "Come and ...read more