Summary: The number TWENTY ONE stands for "THE EXTREME SINFULNESS OF SIN" it is found in our KJ Bible FIVE times, as (TWENTY AND ONE.) "TWENTY TWO" One of the things TWENTY TWO depicts is "LIGHT" The word "LIGHT or LIGHTS" is found 228 ti
# 22~ Twenty one -Twenty two ~Bible number meanings~ 3-24-12
The number TWENTY ONE stands for "THE EXTREME SINFULNESS OF SIN" it is found in our KJ Bible FIVE times, as (TWENTY AND ONE.)
I want to say once again that I obtained much of this information from Evangelist Ed Vallowe as well as many others.
Twenty one times in the Book of Kings it is said that Jeroboam the son of Nebat "made Israel to sin":
1Kings 14:16 And he shall give Israel up because of the sins of Jeroboam, who did sin, and who made Israel to sin.
15:26, 30, 34, -16:19, 26, -21:22, -22:52; - and then in
2Kings 3:3 Nevertheless he cleaved unto the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, which made Israel to sin;-
10:29, 31, - 13:2, 6, 11, - 14:24, - 15:9, 18, 24, 28, - 17:21, - 23:15.
There were twenty one major rebellions by the children of Israel that are recorded during their wilderness journey, most likely there were many more, but here God used that number to represent the EXTREME SINFULNESS OF SIN.
Thirteen, the number of depravity, sin and rebellion, and the number twenty one, are closely associated.
The symbolism of twenty one is the outgrowth of thirteen and pictures the fruit of that nature: "Rebellion and depravity" (13) plus a "new beginning" (8) equal twenty one, picturing ones "new beginning" into the depths of satanic depravity.
Also THIRTEEN multiplied by TWENTY-ONE equals 273 the number that needed to be redeemed with FIVE shekels per person.
Numbers 3:46 And for those that are to be redeemed of the two hundred and threescore and thirteen (273) of the firstborn of the children of Israel, --
On the 21st day of the first month, the last day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, God executed His final judgment against Pharaoh and his armies -- the symbol of the extreme wickedness of sin.
The 21st day of the 7th month, the last day of the Feast of Tabernacles, portrays the end of the Millennium when Satan and the demons are temporarily loosed, and right away they lead people into war and rebellion. Then God executes His final judgment against Satan and the demons -- the ultimate in the extreme wickedness of sin -- Rev. 20:1-3--7-10.
In II Timothy 3:2-5 Paul lists TWENTY-ONE things which men would be doing in the last days, and he warns against such.
"In the last days perilous times shall come, for men shall be (1) lovers of their own selves, (2) covetous, (3) boasters, (4) proud, (5) blasphemers, (6) disobedient to parents, (7) unthankful, (8) unholy, (9) with-out natural affection, (10) truce breakers, (11) false accusers, (12) incontinent, (13) fierce, (14) despisers of those who are good, (15) traitors, (16) heady, (17) high-minded, (18) lovers of pleasure, (19) more than lovers of God, (20) having a form of godliness, (21) but denying the power there-of: from such turn away."
In Matt. 23: we find recorded the twenty one characteristics of a hypocrite. Here we find the EXTREME SINFULNESS OF SIN and the Lord is condemning these people.
1. Demand respect as teachers, (vs. 2) -----2. Teach, but do not practice, (vs. 3)
3. Demand service; not give it. (vs. 4) ---4. Seek praise of men. (vs. 5)
5. Parade their religion, (vs. 5) ----- 6. Seek chief banquet places, (vs. 6)
7. Seek chief positions in places of worship, (vs. 6)--8. Glory in personal attention, (vs. 7)
9. Glory in titles, (vs. 7) ------10.Rob men of truth and life. (vs. 13)
11. Reject truth and life. (vs. 13) -------12.Take advantage of widows, (vs. 14)
13. Exhibit long prayers, (vs. 14)--14. Are zealous to win men to their sect but not to God. (vs. 15) --15.Root and ground converts in hypocrisy, not in God. (vs. 15)
16. Profess to be the only guide in religion, but are blind to truth, (vs. 16-22)
17. Magnify those parts of religion from which they receive most personal gain and honor. (Vs. 16-22)
18. Strain at gnats and swallow camels; stress minor details and omit the fundamentals of religion, (vs. 23-24)
19. Glory in bodily cleanliness, but live in moral filth, (vs. 25-26)
20. Exhibit outward religion and self-righteousness and ignore inward holiness in life and conduct, (vs. 2, 7 & 28)
21. Pretend to be more righteous than their fore-fathers. (Vs. 29-33)
This number is mentioned only five times in our KJ Bible but always reveals the EXTREME SINFULNESS OF SIN. It’s revealed as TWENTY AND ONE.
* And now let’s take a look a few things to do with the meaning of the number
One of the things TWENTY TWO depicts is "LIGHT"
The word "LIGHT or LIGHTS" is found 228 times in the OT. & 119 times in the NT.