Summary: The resurrection give peace to the believer, between God and disciples, brings peace between all, brings peace to our souls, and brings peace to the world.
John 20:19-23 Peace Christ offers us through the Resurrection
• Take note Jesus uses the words peace be with you twice .
On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. 21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you.”
1) The risen Christ brings the believers Peace
• The resurrection brings peace between the disciples and him
• Christ is not mad he understands how they acted or how they didn't act. He is a friend, helper, and not a judge!
• Christ brings Harmony to their catastrophic life. Jesus calms the souls of Humanity
2) The resurrected Christ brings peace between the disciples and God.
• God’s justice is satisfied in Christ Jesus. There is therefore no enmity between us and God the cross reconciled it. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ
3) The resurrected Christ brings peace between all.
• God is no respecter person we are all equal, there is no racism, classism no difference whether rich or poor
• “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28).
4) The Resurrection brings peace to our souls.
• Hebrews says, “The blood of Christ . . . will purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God” (Hebrews 9:14). O the precious peace of a clear conscience. How many people labor under the misery of a defiled, guilty conscience?
• I found this article "I read on Thursday the testimony of a woman who had an abortion 8 years ago and who said, “I cannot forgive myself.” I wrote, “That’s what Good Friday is for!”
5) The resurrection gives Peace with the world.
• (Colossians 1:19–20) someday, in God’s time, all evil will be cast into outer darkness and the entire new creation will be full of peace and righteousness. “Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end . . . with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore” (Isaiah 9:7).
6) In conclusion, the resurrected Christ gives
• Believers Peace
• Peace with God the Father.
• Peace with others in Christ.
• Peace to our souls.
• And peace with the world. It was an amazing achievement.
“To all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12). “Since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).
The resurrection gives peace in the midst of stormy nights, stormy lives. The bible says he rebuked the winds and said to the storm peace be still.