Summary: Features of the early church. 1. v. 3-4 - They Were In Fellowship With The Resurrected Jesus 2. v. 5 They Received The Promise Of The HS 3. v. 12-13 They Were Obedient To His Word 4. v. 14 They Were United In Spirit 5. v. 15-20 They Honored Th
- What do the disciples think will happen when they receive the SP? – (v. 6)
- What are some major ways their idea of the kingdom differs from Jesus? – (v.7-8)
- HS brings newness of life
- What are the features of the early church?
1. v. 3-4 - They Were In Fellowship With The Resurrected Jesus
- There was no question about the resurrection of Christ
- He had become their very life
2. v. 5 They Received The Promise Of The HS
- HS is as certain as eternal life
3. v. 12-13 They Were Obedient To His Word.
- They waited in expectation
- Knew He would keep his promise
4. v. 14 They Were United In Spirit.
- While waiting they worshiped & prayed
- It was persistent believing prayer (Matt. 18, 19-20).
Matthew 18:19–20 (AV)
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
5. v. 15-20 They Honored The Scriptures.
- Not only went to the scriptures but believed the scriptures
- Herod at Bethlehem Mt. went to the scriptures but did not check
Psalm 69:25 (AV)
25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
Psalm 109:8 (AV)
8 Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
- Conviction passed on to new believers Acts 18;24-28
6. v. 21-24 They Believed In Prayer
- They brought their difficulties to the Lord in prayer.
- Allowed the HS to lead them