Summary: The names of God are found throughout Ps. 23 giving a picture of who our Shepherd really is
TIME Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011 “Hubble Finds Granddaddy of Ancient Galaxies” — about 13.2 billion light-years away — is a magnificent red blob that was recently discovered by the Hubble Space Telescope.
-Organisms microscopic in size, hundreds, even thousands, can be found in a single drop of water.
-They are so small it would take about 10,000 of them laid end to end to equal one half inch.
YOUTUBE VIDEO – Life Living On Our Bodies
Snowflakes – Six points everyone different
- He made them all plus what the Lord has done
- Being Called by titles gets our attention - "Hey You", "Mr/Sir", "Pastor"
- These are more intimate - Son, Brother, Husband (more apt to get Sweetheart or Honey, Dad, Grandpa Ralph, - RALPH ANDRUS
- These are the sum of who I am
- They help to describe me
- Who I am is Ralph
- LORD – Sum of who God is
- God the Father – Originator of all that exists
- God the Son – Our Savior, The creator of all that exists
- God the HS – The one who revels these to our mind & soul
- LORD – Found in well over 6000 verses
- Yah-weh - was a name so revered by the ancient Jews that it was never spoken - only written.
1. Psalm 23:1 - Jehovah Rohi - The Lord is my Shepherd.
David took the sacred name of Jehovah and linked it with the word Rohi (My Shepherd).
- There are several times when the name Jehovah is linked with another word in the Scriptures. Each of these names revealed some aspect of the nature and character of God -who He is and what He wants to be or do in our lives.
2 Genesis 22:13-14 - Jehovah Jireh - The Lord will provide.
- Abrahma offering up Isaac
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh (Yahweh-yireh, The Lord will see): as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
- The name is literally, The Lord Who Sees,
- Or The Lord Who Will See To It.
- The Lord Who Provides
3. Exodus 15:26 - Jehovah Rapha - The Lord that healeth.
- Beginning of the Chapter Israel is celebrating the Red Sea victory
- Three days later they have no water
- v.23 - At Marah the water found was bitter
- v.25 - Lord told Moses to cast a tree into the water
26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
4. Judges 6:24 - Jehovah Shalom - The Lord our peace.
- v.3 - Midianites & Amalekites against Israel
- v.5 - As grasshoppers without number
- v.6 - Impoverished, v. 10 Fear
- v.11- Gideon “The Lord is with the thou mighty man o valour