Summary: The Way to Happiness is dealing with my attitude. Ridding my pride and breing filled with His New Wine
03 The Way To Happiness
(NEWSER 9/3/12) – The price of stubborn pride: Men waste $3,000 in gas over their lifetimes because they won't ask for directions when lost, a study says. British researchers determined that men drive an average of 276 unnecessary miles per year trying to figure out their destination. A quarter of men said they would wait at least half an hour after realizing they were lost to ask for directions, while 1 in 10 said they would never, ever ask a stranger for help, AOL News reports. (Three in four women had no problem asking for directions at any time.)
Proverbs 14:12 (AV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Rich Young Ruler
- Jesus met a man who had it all
• He was Young (Mt 19:20, 22)
• He was powerful (Lk 18:18)
• He was very rich (Lk 18:23)
• He was unhappy (very sorrowful Lk 18;23)
- OT Solomon had it all but completely empty
• Magnificent Kingdom
• Royal linage of David
• Wealth immeasurable (silver as common as rocks)
• Property of palaces, servants, gardens, farmlands, stables, women, power, the wisest man who ever lived
• Yet unhappy
Ecclesiastes 1:2 (AV)
2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
2 Vanity (Meaningless, Pointless, Useless, Futile), of vanities, saith the Preacher (Quester, Teacher, Philosopher, Spokesman), vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
Chasing the Wind
Luke 12:15 (AV)
15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man’s life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
We say Re. 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing…
- You can’t fill a Sp. need with physical things
- The OT is full of tears & Judgment
- The last word in the OT is curse Mal 4:6
- The first word from Jesus to people in the NT is blessed
- Can real happiness be had?
- With empty lives all around us can I live a full life?
- Wouldn’t be something to have heaven on earth
Value Full Happiness
Come back to Mt. 5:3 Amplified Bible: Blessed (happy, to be envied, and spiritually prosperous—with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions) ….
- This is the condition of God Himself is BLESSED
2 Corinthians 1:3 (AV)
3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
Ephesians 1:3 (AV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
1 Peter 1:3 (AV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
- He passes the blessing (happiness) onto us
Our Greatest Treasure
The Kingdom of heaven is finding great treasure
Matthew 5:3 (AV)
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.