Summary: KNOW THAT: ❶. I Am Protected ❷. I Am Chosen ❸. I Am Liberated
Ever since 9/11 security is on our minds in every way imaginable
- Is to protect the United States from hazards, both internal and external, natural and man-made. To prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America’s vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur"
- Made up of the National Guard, the FEMA, the Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Secret Service, and the Transportation Security Administration, Department of Defense and Department of Health and Human Services
- Today the U.S. threat level is High, or Orange, for all domestic and international flights.
- All Americans should continue to be vigilant, take notice of their surroundings, and report suspicious items or activities to local authorities immediately.
Since then security is a hot button issue.
- Companies scramble to protect it
- Criminals scramble to violate it
- Consumers panic over it.
- Protection comes in various shapes and designs.
- It comes in the form of policy, software, hardware, government law
We Build Home Security
- Motion detectors
- Security lights
- Smoke & heat detectors
We Get Personal Security
- Stun guns
- Pepper spray
- Body Armor
- Scientists have developed a high-tech jacket that
can deliver an electric shock of up to 80,000 volts to protect women from potential assailants.
We Worry About Economic Security
- Housing market
- Gas prices
- Social Security
We Struggle With Emotional Security
- Old age
- Bad news
- What goes on; on the inside will come out to the outside
- My thinking impacts my life
The Downward Spiral of Negative Thinking
1. There is something wrong with me.
2. Everything I do goes wrong
3. Life is hopeless; there is no escape
One of Two Actions
- Believe that there is no way out and that I am on
- We can take control of our thoughts through Him
that loves us
- We need to rid ourselves of destructive thinking
Every computer has an "Escape" or "Remove" or "Delete" key. That’s what Christ can do for our life: It wipes out and removes all the years of doubt, fear, unbelief & distorted thinking
- All of this is sin
> KJV 33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
> New Century Version
33 Who can accuse the people God has chosen? No one, because God is the One who makes them right.
> New Living Translation
33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself.
> The Living Bible
33Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? Will God? No! He is the one who has forgiven us and given us right standing with himself.
> Good News Translation
33Who will accuse God’s chosen people? God himself declares them not guilty!
> J B Phillips
Who would dare to accuse us, whom God has chosen? The judge himself has declared us free from sin
> The Message
And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen?
❶. I AM PROTECTED - “Lay anything to the charge”
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 22 It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
21 Yet hope returns when I remember this one thing The Lord’s unfailing love and mercy still continue
Two Things To Remembeer
1. Realize that I am at war
2. My thinking will be attacked
- Killed tens of thousands of people and tortured his
- He had 20 palaces before 1991 and built 48 more at
a cost of approximately $2.2 billion.
- Rumsfeld “Here was a man who was photographed
hundreds of times shooting off rifles and showing how tough he was, and in fact, he wasn’t very tough, he was cowering in a hole in the ground, and had a pistol and didn’t use it and certainly did not put up any fight at all,"