Summary: ❶ Unpersuaded ❷ The Persuasion ❸ Why Be Persuaded? ❹ Steps To Persuasion
PEANUTS with Charlie Brown (CB)
- Peanuts debuts in seven newspapers October 2, 1950
- Peanuts ran in over 2,600 newspapers
- Readership of 355 million in 75 countries, and was translated into 21 languages.
- Last Peanuts strip January 3, 2000
- Charles Schulz dies Feb. 12
- Charles Schultz, pictures one of his characters Linus Van Pelt
- Linus, is always clinging to his security blanket.
-Wherever he goes or whatever he does, Linus must have his blanket.
- He is the intellectual one in Peanuts
- He gives philosophical revelations and solutions to problems.
- He can put life into perspective while sucking his thumb.
- He knows the true meaning of Christmas while continuing to believe in the Great Pumpkin.
* - Linus, First time with his security blanket - June, 1954
-CB to Lucy “Why does Linus hold his blanket like that?”
- Lucy I’m not sure ... I think maybe it gives him a feeling
- CB walks off leaving Lucy with a ?
- Linus to Lucy “It doesn’t work. I feel like an idiot”
* - Linus gets his blanket washed for the first time - May 31, 1955
- Linus shaking in front of CB
- Linus banging his head on the floor
- Lucy runs in with blanket “Here it is Linus! All fluffy and
- Linus “Sigh” Lucy to CB Linus suffers on the day his blanket is
* - Linus tries to give up his blanket - Oct 14, 1957
- Lucy to Linus “You and that stupid blanket! You’ll be carrying
it around for the rest of your life!
- Linus “That’s not true! I have tremendous will power! Why I
could give up this blanket right today if I had to!
- Lucy “All Right! Let’s see you give it up
TODAY” Ripping it from him.
- Linus “Good grief! What have I done”
- Are we persuaded nothing can separate us from the love of God?
- Where are you with your ID with Linus?
- Letting the difficulties of life get the best of us
- Un-surrendered - Displays itself in our Attitudes
- Attitudes of depression, doubt, fear, unbelief, pessimism seep into our soul
- God does not shelter us from the difficulties of life
- Difficulties are allowed for our spiritual growth Rom 5:3-5
- God is in control of all uncontrollables in our life
- Rom 8:28 All things work together for our good
- He gives us power to conquer - Rom 8:36
- This includes what I can’t see, doesn’t make sense or understand,
- Paul was persuaded that nothing could separate him from Christ
- He added ephecises at the end of v. 39
- Love gives convincing & conviction
- Demonstrated by Jesus
- There is no separation from Promises of God
- There is no separation from the Power of God
- Are you convinced of God’s care?
❷ The Persuasion
- Verses 38-39 list 9 things that cannot separate us from the love of God
- (If you include the 3 supernatural powers as 2)
- Nine are listed - Number of finality (The last digit before starting again)
- “FOR” I am persuaded - v.36
- Speaking of what has gone on before
- Christ covers every area of difficulty imaginable
1. Two Absolute States
- Dimensions of time
- Death - Life
- Some things that are supposed to separate us
- To die is gain - we are closer to Christ in death then in life