Summary: Why are home cell groups important
TEN BENEFITS OF HOME CELLS Part-1
Pastor Jeff Seaman
“And they, continued daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart…”
“Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.”
TEN BENEFITS OF CELL MINISTRIES
1. IT PROMOTES THE MOST EFFECTIVE METHOD OF EVANGELISM--
Acts 20:24 (NCV) “The most important thing is that I complete my MISSION, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me – to tell people the Good New about God’s grace.”
2. PEOPLE ARE EMPOWERED IN SMALL GROUPS TO DO MORE THAN THEY EVER THOUGHT THEY COULD.
Titus 3:14 “Our people must learn to spend their time doing good, and providing for real needs; they should not live useless lives.”
3. VAST NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE CONGREGATION ARE DEVELOPED INTO LEADERS THROUGH CELL GOUPS MINISTRY.
Heb. 5:11 “We have mush to say about this but it’s hard to explain because you’re slow to learn. In fact, though BY THIS TIME YOU OUGHT TO BE TEACHERS, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again.”
4. INDIVIDUALS IN THE CELLS ARE IDENTIFIED. (Who they are, what they need, what gifts they possess) and acknowledged (what they accomplish for Christ and others).
5. PEOPLE ARE AFFIRMED AND ENCOURAGED. They receive that little extra loving nudge that says, “You can make it.”
1 Thess. 5:10-11 (NCV) “Jesus died for us so that we can live together with him…So encourage each other and give each other strength
1 Peter 3:8 (LB) “You should be like one big happy family, full of sympathy toward
each other, loving one another with tender hearts.”
6. THE GROUP IS EDIFIED THROUGH THE WORD, FELLOWSHIP,
AND RELATIONSHIPS. Each member is given an opportunity for leadership
7. MENTORING OCCURES, WITH A HEART-TO-HEART
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION AND VALUES.
Prov. 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (NIV)
“Just as iron sharpens iron, friends sharpen the minds of each other” (CEV)
8. SERVING AND MINISTRY GIFTS ARE EXERCISED.
Eph. 4:12 “Equip the saints for the work of ministry”
1 Cor. 7:7b. “Each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that”
9. CELL GROUPS PROVIDE A PLACE FOR NEW BELIEVERS TO GROW IN CHRIST LIKENESS, LEARNING TO POSSESS CHARACTER QUALITIES SUCH AS, HUMILITY, SERVING, AND FORGIVENSS.
10. CELL GROUPS PROVIDES ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE CHURCH.