Summary: I was working for an auto dealership as a master technician and making a lot more money than pasturing this church. But I was not more happy. God’s Word show us ho to truly live the abundant life.
Remember that this whole series is based on 3 very important principles.
1. God has a plan for your life - Jeremiah 29:11 says
2. There is a battle engaged for your life - Jesus said in John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
3. Too many of God’s people are losing the battle - Marriages, children, finances, life.
Matthew 9:36 - “When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.”
1) Secret #4 - Make a Plan
This follows right behind the first three steps.
Remember in step one we found out what life is supposed to look like, by answering the questions Who am I, what am I, where am I, and what do I really want.
The answer to those questions helps to identify what God made you to be, remembering that God has a plan for your life.
Next we talked about owning it - taking responsibility for life - realizing that we have the power through the Spirit of God to be anything He is calling us to be - no matter what obstacles are placed in our paths.
We also have to embrace positive change - we will never get anywhere new without change.
The next piece of the puzzle is to make a plan. Once you know where you want to go - and you know where you are - the next step is to make a plan to get there.
In Nehemiah 2:1-8, God has called Nehemiah to rebuild the walls around Jerusalem; but Nehemiah is a slave in Babylon, 900 miles away from Jerusalem.
He knows what God wants him to do but just how is he to do it?
Here are 5 principles for making a plan.
1. Know where you are and where you are going.
Nehemiah knew he was 900 miles from where he needed to be, that he was a slave and that he had no resources.
It looks to me like the odds are not in his favor.
One thing we need to understand is… if God wants you to go somewhere He will take you there. You just need to get in the buggy. You have to know where you are and what you want!
2. Inventory your resources - what are you starting with?
It may be nothing it may be a lot - but know what you have to work with.
3. Count the costs - know what it’s going to cost you - and be willing to sacrifice whatever it takes.
This is where most people get out of the buggy. We just want to be seen and heard but not do.
It will cost us something to be what God has called us to be here @ Elim Bible. Churches today are filled with people who attend for the sole purpose of being seen but are not willing to sacrifice to build the kingdom of God. We give our pocket change instead of our tithe. We give advice instead of our service.
4. Prepare - Plan your route - set the goals, the benchmarks, and map out roadways for success. For Nehemiah this started in November chp.1:1 - and he finally talked to the King in April chp.2:1 - but when he did he knew everything he was going to need. He planned.
5. Wait for God - When He says go, GET TO STEPPING and don’t drag your feet. More importantly… don’t you move until He says move.