Summary: I. JESUS IS REVEALED AS GOD 1:1 II. JESUS IS RECOGNIZED AS GOD 1:7 III. JESUS IS RECEIVED AS GOD 1:12
Opening the Photo Album
- Photo Albums have changed over the years
- Fist it was quick draw artist on the scene
Then it was B/W pictures taped too sheets of pictures
- Then Binders equipped to take photos between plastic
- Today computes do blogs
In many ways, technology is making it possible to be two places at the same time.
Some parents are setting up a baby cam in the nursery so grandparents can log on the Internet and watch their grandchild sleep.
Have you seen the Oreo Webcam Commercial where a father on a business trip in Singapore opens up the cookie and dips it into milk with his son in America. The dad says goodnight son and the son says good morning daddy. Using high speed connectivity, the father is able to "be there" with his son as they share a moment together
Facebook has teamed up with Skype now you can video chat.
Google not to be out done is testing Google+ with a thing called “Circles” Choose which group of people you share too. “Sparks” sorts stories and articles by topic together in one area for you to talk about with your Google + circles that are interested in those topics. & “Hangouts” where you will be able to video chat with up to 10 people at the same time
- None of this is the same as being there
- Nothing replaces the personal touch.
- When God wanted to show himself give his message of salvation and forgiveness to us, he didn't "video call" it in. He came.
Opening the Photo – The GOSPELS
1. The first 3 Gospels are called the Synoptic Gospels because they are written from the same viewpoint.
- The fourth Gospel is different.
- Matthew and Mark emphasize the miracles of Jesus
- Luke gives attention to the parables
- John is giving His Word – His heart
John 1:14 NASB "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."
Christian Post 7/09/11 reported a Gallup Poll 30% of Americans believe that the Bible is the Word of God
Another Gallup poll In a 1983, Americans were asked "Who do you think Jesus is."
70% of those interviewed said Jesus was not just another man.
42% stated Jesus was God among men.
27% felt Jesus was only human but divinely called.
9% states Jesus was divine because he embodied the best of humanity.
Also, 81% of Americans consider themselves to be Christians.
"Jesus has been acclaimed as the greatest religious leader who ever lived, as being the most influential person to have lived on our planet, and as being unique to the degree that no one can be compared to Him.
The main theme of the Scriptures is the Person and the work of Jesus Christ.
- He is God.
- There are three affirmations of His Deity:
I. JESUS IS REVEALED AS GOD 1:1
A. He is revealed as the Divine Companion 1:1
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after ourlikeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.