Summary: Part 2 of a six part series. It deals with the part that Faith and Trust in the Lord and His word play in our obedience towards God.
Psalm 127:4 is the foundational verse for this series.
A powerfull warrior of God always walk’s in obedience.
I Sam. 15:22 says that "to obey is better than sacrifice."
(Pastor Gomez used a real bow and arrow and shot it at a target about 40 feet away to demonstrate that there is a process and God has given us all the tool to be succesful in obeying Him)
1). The bow represents the power of the Holy Spirit operating in our lives.
2. The sights on the bow represent vision.
3. The arrows represent the purpose of God.
4. The quiver where the warrior keeps the arrows represents the heart where the purposes of God are kept.
If we want our arrows to hit the target of obedience, there are four things we must do;
1. Practice your Faith
2. Work hard at our faith
3. Be determined (Put your faith into action)
4. concentration on the target, Dont let anything else distract you. (obedience)
If we want to be obedient to God. We have to walk in faith.("Without faith it’s impossible to please God")
"Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things hoped for, being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of their reality (faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses)" Heb.11:1, AMPLIFIED BIBLE
#2. The arrow of Faith and trust
Faith in Jesus Christ is a saving grace, whereby we receive and rest upon him alone for salvation, as he is offered to us in the gospel.”
What is the difference between Fact and Faith?
“That you are sitting before me in this church,”, “is fact. That I am standing, speaking from this pulpit, is fact. But it is only faith that makes me believe anyone is listening.”
· The object of saving faith is revealed Word of God through the Gospel. One accepts what the word of God says about Jesus by faith and is saved by it.
Faith is in general the persuasion of the mind that a certain statement is true (Phil. 1:27; 2 Thess. 2:13). The Bible says; “For we walk by faith and not by sight”
· When something is true. It can be trusted
· Our salvation depends in our trust that the word of God is true.
· That He is who He is and that what He says about His Son is true.
“Faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God”.
Faith includes the act of the will in addition to the act of the understanding. You cannot say that you have faith and not act on it because than it becomes dead faith.
· The natural man makes decisions based on what feels and seems right. This leads to death.
· The spiritual man on the other hand basis his decisions on what the word of God says regardless of the consequences.
Conclusion; The Bible says that without Faith it is impossible to please God.If we are going to walk in obedience we can’t do it without believing in His word and walking in it and trusting that God has our lives in His hands.