Summary: Prayer and Fasting to open up the New Year
2022, It's my year of Harvests!
Prayer and Fasting to open up the New Year
Sun Jan 2, 2022
Prayer focus: Gratitude
Today, we are going to take a pen literally, look back with deep thinking and count our blessings in the outgone year, name those blessings one by one, and praise God for his goodness and benevolence.
Psalm 103:1-5 (KJV) listed a few of the benefits. "Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
• who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
• who healeth all thy diseases;
• who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
• who crowneth the with loving-kindness and tender mercies;
• who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Another passage of the scripture below, Ps 35: 5, 6 identified the love and faithfulness of our God and how he used those to perfect his justice, righteousness and preservations of his people. He has preserved you despite the acute pandemic around us.
"Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals. Ps. 36: 5,6 (NIV)
•Bless the Lord in thanksgiving with all our souls and might. Think of all the goodness of God upon you and your loved ones and express your gratitude to him.
• Pray for the spirit of God to fill you in this prayer and fasting season in order to pray through.
• Pray that the spirit of the Lord will give you divine revelations that are beneficial to you and the people around you.
Mon Jan 3, 2022
"David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into human hands.” 2Sam 24: 14 (NIV)
The above verse is related to a very important event in Israel, King David decided to conduct Census against the will of God. All pleas from Joab fell on deaf ears. David insisted his command to count people must be obeyed and executed to the letter. However, after this census was concluded and reported to him, he felt guilty that he has not consulted the Lord nor obeyed him before embarking on it. God sent Gad the prophet to David, to choose one of three different judgments as punishment to David. David was a man of wisdom, and he knew our God is full of mercy, he chose the plague that the Lord would execute against the entire land and discard judgment that would be determined in the hands of his enemies. David knew he could plead for mercy with God, and God would be merciful, but that would be difficult with the enemies. And indeed, God almighty had mercy on David and the entire nation of Israel. The plague that was ravaging the entire land with death stopped midway by the mercy of God.
Prayer Focus: We will pray for the mercy of the Lord today.
• Mercy of the Lord to fight against the current pandemic all over the world.
• That the Lord should stop it. The mercy of the Lord in our household to preserve our life.
• The mercy of the Lord to manifest in our life.
• That God should show his mercy on those who are suffering, through healing, comfort, the alleviation of suffering, and caring about those in distress.
Tue Jan 4, 2022
Through God, we will do valiantly, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies. Psalm 60:12 (NKJV)
The word valiant means to be brave, courageous, or stout-hearted. Yes, we can do valiantly in the new year if the spirit of the Lord with his power is upon our life.
Doing valiantly and defeating the enemies in every facet of life that we found ourselves is a very important part of our testimony in the new year. That was the spirit in David that defeated Goliath.
Prayer Focus: Lord pour your spirit upon me.
• Let your power manifest in my life this New Year, that no enemy will be able to stand before me.
• Manifest your power in the assignment that you have given to me this year.
• Itemise areas in your life that you want his valiant power to conquer and dominate.
• Power to dominate our environment and to excel
Wed Jan 5, 2022
Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people. And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Ex 33:13-14