Summary: My supernatural conception and human birth
Note: The Bible by Jesus will be used throughout this lesson unless otherwise noted after each Bible reference.
A. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HUMAN?
1. Remember I said, “God is Spirit (John 4:24), which means not physical.
2. Adam was created as a human body. “I, along with the Father and Holy Spirit sculptured a human body out of clay and breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living soul” (Gen. 2:7).
3. The living soul is personality. “Intellect, emotions, and will, with self-perception and self-direction.”
B. MY SUPERNATURAL CONCEPTION AND HUMAN BIRTH
1. A virgin birth is a woman giving birth without the insemination by a man.
2. Artificial insemination creates the possibility of a woman conceiving a child without sexual experience, when the semen is introduced artificially.
3. The seed (semen of a man) and the egg of a woman are still necessary to produce life.
4. The Holy Spirit placed Me in the womb of Mary. The angel told Mary, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, power from the Most High God will make it happen” (Luke 1:35). The angel told Joseph, “She has conceived a Son by the Holy Spirit” (Matt. 1:20).
5. I grew as a fetus in Mary’s womb for nine months. “Mary and Joseph had to go to Bethlehem . . . the birth was imminent . . . I was born in a stable” (Luke 2:4, 6).
6. My birth supernaturally fulfilled prophecy.
a. Place. “You Bethlehem . . . are only a small village . . . yet a ruler of Israel will come from you” (Micah 5:2).
b. Method. “Look! A virgin shall conceived a child! She will give birth to a Son” (Isa. 7:14).
c. When. “Listen . . . sixty-two sets of seven years, plus seven sets of years shall pass . . . until a ruler, the Anointed One (Messiah), I will come” (Daniel 9:25).
C. I POURED OUT MY PRIVILEGE (KENOSIS MEANS TO POUR OUT)
1. “Thought I was God, I did not think I robbed the Father of anything to be equal with Him. But I poured out My divine privilege and became a servant and took on the likeness of mankind” (Phil. 2:6-7).
2. What I didn’t give up – My attributes. Omniscience; “I know what was in all man” (John 2:24-25). Omnipotence; “I do the works the Father does” (John 5:36). Omnipresence; “I am the Son of man now in heaven” (John 3:14).
3. To give up any part of My divine nature, it is to cease being God.
4. I gave up the independent exercise of My attributes privilege.
D. I WAS FULLY TEMPTED AS A HUMAN
1. My whole being was tempted. “I was tempted in every part of My being, yet I did not sin” (Heb. 4:15).
2. Yet I didn’t want to sin. “Let no one claim he was tempted to sin by God, for I cannot be tempted to sin, and I don’t tempt anyone” James 1:13).
3. Was the temptation real? “I was tempted in every part of My thoughts and desires” (Heb. 4:15).
4. I was tempted to do what I could do. I could make bread from stone, and fly when thrown off the Temple, I wanted all ethnic races to worship Me, but that would violate My nature, and side step the Father’s purpose of sending Me into this world. I would bypass the cross. “You shall not tempt the Lord your God” (Matt. 4:7).
5. I remained perfect. “I never sinned” (2 Cor. 5:21) and, “He never sinned” (1 Peter 2:23).
E. I RETURNED TO LEAVE IN MY HUMAN BODY
1. They saw Me. “I was lifted up from them and was taken to heaven” (Acts 1:9).
2. I was the first human in heaven but took many with Me. “I ascended up to heaven and took a crowd with Me” (Eph. 4:8).
3. I stand physically at the right hand of the Father. “Because I stand as your priest, you are eternally saved, and you will pray to the Father through Me because I made intercession for you” (Heb. 7:24-25).
4. Therefore pray with assurance. “Whatever you pray, asking in My name, I will do it” (John 14:13).
F. I WILL COME AGAIN IN MY PHYSICAL BODY
1. Confidence. “I will come back for you and take you to be with Me” (John 14:3).
a. Could be at death.
b. Could be the rapture.
2. The rapture. “I will return in the same way you saw Me go to heaven” (Acts 1:11).
3. You will have the same kind of body. You will be like Me when you see Me as I really Am” (1 John 3:2).
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart: