Summary: Part 3 of a six part series. The third arrow has to do with being good stewards of what God has entrusted to us.
The foundational verses for this series on the seven arrows of obedience is Psalm 127:4 and I Sam. 15:22
A powerfull warrior of God always walk’s in obedience Psalm 127:4
"To obey is better than sacrifice." I Sam. 15:22
(Pastor Gomez used a real bow and arrow and shot it at a target about 40 feet away to demonstrate that there is a process and God has given us all the tool to be succesful in obeying Him)
1). The bow represents the power of the Holy Spirit operating in our lives.
2. The sights on the bow represent vision.
3. The arrows represent the purpose of God.
4. The quiver where the warrior keeps the arrows represents the heart where the purposes of God are kept.
2). If we want our arrows to hit the target of obedience, there are four things we must do;
1. Practice stewardship
2. Work hard on being good stewards
3. Be determined to be a good steward of what God has entrusted to you.
4. concentration on the target, don’and t let a beautiful car or fancy clothes or anything else keep you from hitting the target. (obedience)
“Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his master will make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of food 8in due season? 43Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 44 kTruly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all that he has.” 4
A family sat down at the dinner table following church one Sunday.
“The sermon was boring today,” said the teenage son.
“Yeah, could you believe how the pastor stumbled over the reading of the Scripture?” said the sister.
“I’ve got to admit it was not touched at all,” said Mother. “The worship team was horrible.”
Finally, the father, showing his leadership, said, “Hush, you guys. Quit complaining. What did you expect for a quarter?”
How much Time do I give in church?
To spend 1½ years in church in a relative life span of 70, one must, on the day of his birth, begin to spend five minutes of each morning and every evening in devotions, plus three hours per week in church.
Parable of Pig and Cow
A rich man said to his minister, “Why is it everyone is always criticizing me for being miserable, when everyone knows that I have made provision to leave everything I possess to charity when I die?”
“Well,” said the minister, “let me tell you about the pig and the cow. The pig was lamenting to the cow one day about how unpopular he was. “People are always talking about your gentleness and your kindness,” said the pig. “You give milk and cream, but I’m going to give even more someday. I will give bacon and ham—I will give pig’s feet and pig ears and pork chop but to them I’m just a pig. Why is this?” The cow thought a minute, and then said: “Well, maybe it’s because I give while I’m still living. You are always talking about giving but first you have to die.”
All these things have one thing in common; they all say something about stewardship
What is the Meaning of Stewardship?
Psalm 24:1 says; “The earth is the Lords and the fullness there of. Also the world and they that dwell in it”.
*Psalm 50:10, “For every beast of the forest in mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills”.
*Hag. 2:8, “The silver is mine and the Gold is mine saith the Lord of hosts”
· Steward ship means that we understand that nothing that we have really belongs to us. Every thing actually belongs to God and he has made us His administrators.
· 1 Corinth. 4:2 says; “It is required in stewards that a man be found faithful”
· turn your bibles to: (Luke 19:12 illustration)
· David understood this, he said; “Everything in heaven and in earth is yours, oh Lord. And even wealth and honor come from you. You are the ruler of all things”
· Kirk Nowery in his book; “THE 33 LAWS OF STEWARDSHIP SAYS THAT; “PERSPECTIVE GOVERNS LIFE IN REMARKABLE WAYS”
· Perspective is the way that we tend to look at things.
· If your perspective is that Gods share is only 10% or 5% or whatever you think it is you will do with the rest whatever you please.
· But if God owns everything you will ask Him for direction.
· A Christian doesn’t decide to become a steward when he starts making more money, He should be a good steward no matter how much they are making.
A survey done a few years ago shows that Higher Income Means Lower Giving