Summary: Have we been through any tests lately? If so, what test did you take?
• Committing a sin and remaining in sin are two separate issues.
• Some believe that committing a sin is the only way to sin.
• James 4:17 – therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin
• Jesus came to take away the sins of the world, which He did
• Only way to remove it is through Christ
• The world is still under sin
• Believers should feel the Spirit convict us of any sin in our lives, then we should ask for forgiveness of that sin, and turn away from it
• We are not perfect, we may sin daily, so we should strive not to sin and daily seek forgiveness
• 1 John 3:9 – whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin…
• James 4:8 – draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you
• Unbelievers sin against the law, against the Creator,
• Christians sin against the Father
• Where is our proof that we are saints? Are we counterfeit?
• Saints love one another
• Do we love other believers despite the differences in our lives?
• Actions speak louder than words, not only profess it, portray it
• We should not have to be reminded to Love One Another
• Cain must not have loved his brother
• Abel’s offering was acceptable, which showed Cain’s moral imperfection and irritated him
• Do we irritate unbelievers as we start talking about God, and they walk away?
• The light within us shines upon the darkness, which shows sinners they need Jesus
• Do you know, that you know, that you know, that you know?
• John 5:24 – he that believeth, hath everlasting life, is passed from death unto life (paraphrased)
• John 17:14 – given them thy word, world hateth them, because they are not of the world (paraphrased)
• Love in deed and in truth, not just word
PUT TO THE TEST
• Believe not everything we hear
• False teachers speak so as not to offend carnal man
• James 4:3 – they will not endure sound doctrine, after own lusts, heap teachers having itching ears (hearing only what they want to hear)
• Check the words people speak with what God says in the Bible
• Check commitment to body of believers – 1 John 2:19
• Check their life-style – 1 John 3:23-24
• Check their fruit – 1 John 4:6
• What do they believe about Christ? He is God and Man.
• Have faith, but don’t be gullible
• Verify the message with Jesus’s teachings