Summary: If we center ourselves on God, abiding in His giving Love, there could be no avenue for the works of the flesh to enter our lives.
• We know that love comes from God, and with the love of God in us, we love others
• Ever been in a service where the Spirt of God moved from person to person, toughing our hearts so much that you didn’t want t he service to end? Our differences where set aside as God’s love moved, pouring through everyone.
• We need to keep it that way, especially toward the world
• How does, or how will the world know that we have the love of God in us? They will see it.
• How did God show His love for mankind? He gave His only begotten Son – John 3:16
• He could have sent some other Heavenly being, but He gave Jesus
• I do not think that I could give my child for someone else, could you?
• God did, that’s how much He loves His creation
• If God so loved us, and we claim to have the love of God in us, then we should love one another, no questions asked
• 1 Peter 3:8 – be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren be pitiful, be courteous
• 1 Peter 1:22 – see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently
• We may disagree on certain issues, but God’s love can overcome those issues
• How can the world believe in God’s love unless we tell them? We SHOW them.
• No one has seen God, but His love can be seen in us
• Are we an eyewitness?
• Picture a reporter doing a live interview…”I just saw that crazy man run out the store waving and pointing his gun at people, the police showed up, told him to drop it, the man raised his gun like he was going to shoot at this lady, then the police shot the man”
• Now, from a spiritual perspective – “sir, how do you know God’s in there?”
• What would we do and how would we respond to the reporter?
• When we profess God’s love, we are an eyewitness to the truth, we should show it / tell it with enthusiasm
• Hebrews 13:1-3 – let brotherly love continue, be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares
• On judgment day, will we proclaim Jesus, or hang our heads in shame
• I know where my soul will go when my body ceases to exist on this earth
• I often wonder how my life will stand, did I do enough, did I proclaim Jesus enough
• I thank God for His Son Jesus, and what He did for me
• I cannot repay Him; I must strive to do what I can daily
• God’s love is the source of our love
• Being at church on Sunday is good and we need it
• But the real test of love is during the week, how we treat others, how we are doing or not doing for the world
• 1 Corinthians 16:22 – if any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha (let him be cursed, our Lord will come to take vengenace)