Summary: Part six of a six part series. Discipleship and Fellowship.
The foundational verses for this series on the seven arrows of obedience is Psalm 127:4 and I Sam. 15:22
A powerfull warior of God always walk’s in obedience Psalm 127:4
To obey is better than sacrifice. I Sam. 15:22
1) Pastor Gomez used a real bow and arrow and shot it at a target about 40 feet away to demonstrate that there is a process and God has given us all the tool to be succesful in obeying Him)
1). The bow represents the power of the Holy Spirit operating in our lives.
2. The sights on the bow represent vision.
3. The arrows represent the purpose of God.
4. The quiver where the warrior keeps the arrows represents the heart where the purposes of God are kept.
2). If we want our arrows to hit the target of obedience, there are four things we must do;
1. Practice discipling new believers and fellowship with the brethren.
2. Work hard at discipling others and getting together with those in the faith.
3. Be determined to disciple at least one new convert a year.
4. concentration on the target,Don’t let anything distract you from spending time with other believers. (obedience)
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and mmany wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and nhad all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and odivided them among all, as anyone had need.
So continuing daily with one accord qin the temple, and rbreaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And sthe Lord added 8to the church daily those who were being saved.
Three elements appear:
Question: Can I be a Christian without joining the church?
Answer: Yes, it is possible. It is something like being:
· A student who will not go to school.
· A soldier who will not join an army.
· A citizen who does not pay taxes or vote.
· A salesman with no customers.
· A seaman on a ship without a crew.
· An author without readers.
· A tuba player without an orchestra.
· A parent without a family.
· A football player without a team.
· A scientist who does not share his findings. A bee without a hive.
“Everybody has a reason for staying home from church”
• Some people think a 30-minute sermon is too long, so they substitute a 300-column Sunday paper.
• The reason why people miss church when it rains is the reason why we have church. So that people get wet.
• Wanted: Men, women and children to sit in slightly used pews Sunday morning—Saratoga Congregational Church.