Summary: This message addresses 7 areas of interest that can move us closer to experiencing God's miracle working power in our lives. I trust it is a spiritual help to you!
The Mechanics of a Miracle
Lakewood Church of God | Pastor Jonathan Vorce | 12-11-2016
Part 4 - 7 Keys to God’s Miracle Working Power
Ask for Miracle Testimonies
Miracles Still Happen!
I. The Audacity to Believe
Audacity - boldness or daring, especially with confident or arrogant disregard for personal safety, conventional thought, or other restrictions.
13 Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the
schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.
14 And since they saw the man who had been cured standing there beside them, they could not contradict the fact or say anything in opposition.
A. A degree in Biblical Theology is not necessary in order for the power of God to work in your life.
1. God has always been in the business of using common, ordinary people to do extraordinary things!
2. Samson - In the book of Judges the Bible says that the “Spirit of the Lord” would come upon Samson!
B. Matthew 9:14-29 - Jesus heals a boy with an Unclean Spirit because of the faith of his father.
1. V.23 - If you can believe all things are possible to him who believes.
- “If you can believe” indicates that there are some who struggle with the capacity to believe.
2. V. 24 - “LORD I BELIEVE” - The declaration of faith sets things in motion and activates the power of God!
- Evidently believing had been a struggle because through tears he asked Jesus to “help his unbelief”.
- God will help us if we ask…
II. Paying the Price (No One Can Escape it)
A. Mark 9:28-29 - Prayer & Fasting
1. Prayer keeps us in communication with God and He partners with our faith for the miracle.
2. Fasting - Fasting doesn’t purchase miracle. (You can’t purchase what you need from God with a burger)
- Fasting disciplines the flesh and makes it surrender to the activity of the Spirit.
- Fasting creates a heightened awareness of the supernatural
- We HEAR GOD more clearly when we fast and can act upon His instructions.
B. 7 Keys to God’s Miracle Working Power
1. Total Surrender - John the Baptist said, John 3:30 - “He must increase and I must decrease.”
2. Death to Self - We lose our identities and magnify God, Jesus and the Work of Holy Spirit. - Kathryn Kuhlman often said, I can take you to the very spot
where Kathryn Kuhlman died”. (A dead man don’t feel anything)
3. A Respect and Reverence for the Sacred - When we come to a Believer’s Meeting (Church) it’s not like going out for the night… We are entering into a
place of worship and we should conduct ourselves with the utmost humility and respect for the Divine.
- There is a movement away from this in the Church world today under the guise of relevancy. This is part of the reason the Church peaches a power they
- GOD IS NOT COMMON… HE IS DIVINE AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH!
4. Purity - Holiness still matters. Hebrews 12:14 tells us without holiness no one will see the Lord.