Summary: “BLESS THE LORD”
Psalm 103 “BLESS THE LORD” FOR
I. His Comforts - 103:1-5
A. He Supports Us - 103:1,2
1. The Blessing of The Lord -
2. The Benefits From The Lord - and forget not all his benefits:
B. He Saves Us - 103:3
1. From The Penalty of Sin - Who forgiveth all thine iniquities;
2. From The Power of Sin - who healeth all thy diseases;
C. He Sustains Us - 103:4
1. His Son Redeems Us - Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
2. His Spirit Rewards Us - who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
D. He Satisfies Us - 103:5
1. With Suitable Blessings - Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;
2. With Spiritual Blessings - so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
II. His Characteristics - 103:6-16
A. His Mercy Forgives Us - 103:6-10
1. His Description - 103:6 “The Lord” Who Is He?
a. Jehovah-Jireh – The Lord will provide – Gen 22; Phil. 4:19 (Psa. 23:1b)
b. Jehovah Shalom – The Lord our peace – Phil 4:7 (Psa. 23:2)
c. Jehovah-Rohi – The Lord our Shepherd – Psa. 22:1 (Psa. 23:1a)
d. Jehovah-Shammah – The Lord is ever-present among us (Psa. 23:4)
e. Jehovah-Rophi – The Lord our Healer/Physician – Psa. 23:3 (Psa. 23:3)
f. Jehovah-Nissi – The Lord our Banner – Ex. 17 (Psa. 23:5)
g. Jehovah-Tsidkenu – The Lord our righteousness – Jer. 23:6 (Psa. 23:3)
2. His Declaration - :7 He made known his ways unto Moses
3. His Dealings - 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
B. His Mercy Frees Us - 103:11-12
a. The Level of His Mercy - 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
b. The Length of His Mercy - 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
c. The Love of His Mercy - 13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
III. His Compassion - 103:17,18 A. His Compassion - But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him,
B. His Concern - and his righteousness unto children’s children;
C. His Covenant - To such as keep his covenant,
D. His Commands - and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
IV. His Crown - 103:19-22
A. His Reign In Heaven - 19 The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens;
B. His Rule Of Humanity - and his kingdom ruleth over all.
C. His Residence In Hearts - 103:20-22
1. Angels Are To Bless The Lord - 20 Bless the LORD, ye his angels,
2. Armies Are To Bless The Lord - 21 Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
3. All Are To Bless The Lord - 22 Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
a. Every Person Is To Bless The Lord - b. Every Place Is To Bless The Lord -