Summary: We need to be ready to have great energy for God, Serve God in mighty ways and pay the price for doing so.
I. Doing Great Exploits (Taking a Stand) means going to the foot of the cross. (Luke 23:50-56)
- Joseph was at the cross when Jesus died as was the Centurion
- Illustration # 2 ”Never getting over the cross”
- This is where we get our boldness, energy,
II. Doing Great Exploits (Taking a Stand) means we need to be ready to pay the price.
- Joseph sacrificed his ceremonial cleanness and probably his position
- Joseph was bold because he had been to the cross
- Illustration # 3 “Loyalty to God in the hour of crisis”
- What sacrifices are you ready to make
- Sacrifice of time
III. Doing Great Exploits (Taking a Stand) means doing it in a moment of crisis.
- Jesus body needed to be addressed else they would have just thrown his body in gehenna