I. The Spiritual Walk of Simeon (25-27)
A. His Character 25 “..the same man was just [toward man] and devout [toward God]...”
B. His Comfort 25 - “...waiting for the consolation of Israel...”
C. His Consecration 25-27
1. His Surrender to the Holy Ghost (25) - “and the Holy Ghost was upon him...” 2. His Sensitivity to the Holy Ghost 26 “It was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost...”
3. His Service to the Holy Ghost (27) - “He came by the Spirit into the temple...”
II. The Spiritual Wealth of Simeon (28-30)
A. His Personal Acceptance of Jesus
28 “Then took he Him up in his arms, and blessed God...”
B. His Peaceful Abiding in Jesus
29 “Lord now lettest thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word.”
26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
C. His Public Acknowledgment of Jesus 30 - “For mine eyes have seen thy salvation.”
III. The Spiritual Wisdom of Simeon (31-35)
A. Simeon understood the Secret
31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; 32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel. 33 And Joseph and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him.
B. Simeon understood the Sword (34-35)
For some Jesus would be :-
1. a Stumbling block - “this child is set for the fall...of many in Israel.”
2. a Saviour - “this child is set for...the rising again of many in Israel.”
C. Simeon understood the Search-light
(35) - “...that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.
IV. The Spiritual Word of Simeon
29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation SIMEON’S LIFE WAS COMPLETE. A. Notice His Prayer. B. His Peace. C.His Praise. D.His Preparation.