Summary: Thoughtful actions when dealing with the forces of terror.
Reason for writing this sermon: The Word does allow for defense against an enemy, but not with out wisdom. As of writing this we are about to enter into a new phase of aggressive actions in defense of our land. I wanted my congregation to be aware of what we are going to do. We need to support our troops because they know the truth for our actions, not the emotions [fear] of the moment.
(To be used in parallel to a re-reading of the scriptures)
A. He travaileth with iniquity,
1. Iniquity – Unrighteousness, lawlessness, immorality(moral against the Lord’s teachings)
hath conceived mischief,
2. Mischief - To annoy, to damage, to harm
brought forth falsehood
3. Falsehood – To act against truth
A. He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch [which] he made.
1. Don’t let our Iniquities, our Mischief, our Falsehood trap us as our enemies(in a pit of our own making)
A. His mischief shall return upon his own head his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
1. Pate – Top of our head
2. Our own falsehoods will revisited upon our heads
A. I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness:
1. All actions must bring glory to God.
2. We can praise the Lord, if we are not doing his righteous will
B. will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
1. Raise his name above all.
2. Raise his name above any problem in our life.
3. Raise his name above all because he(our Lord) has, and will always faithfully keep his promises to us.
Closing Thoughts(Wrap up):
A. If we walk with lawlesness, we have born harm to those around us, and bring forth action against the truth. God is the truth. When we don’t walk in the truth we can not walk with God.
B. When make our own ways we dig our own pits, and we will fall into those pits of anguish.
C. Our damage will return on own head. Violent dealing will come down on our heads.
D. I will praise the LORD for he is right in all things: will sing my praise out loud to the name of the LORD most high.
E. I do not speak against our pending actions against the forces of terror, but rather that we do it for reasons of righteousness and wisdom of our Lord, not out mischief and unfounded fear of the unknown.
F. Our actions must be witness unto Christ.