Summary: Listing Of the Nine Biblical Fast
Fruit of Fasting - Nine Biblical Fasts
Believers who are in bondage to demonic powers and need strength to stand against sin
1. Disciples Fast - Purpose : To loose the bands of Wickedness (Isa. 58:6) – freeing our selves and others from addictions to sin.
Key Verse: Matt. 17:21 ~ “Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
Lesson: the power wasn’t in the demon but in the lack of it in the disciples
Besetting Sin: See, fasting is self-denying not –
Believers who need answers to complex problems and threatening situations
2. Ezra Fast – Purpose: To undo the heavy burdens” (Isa. 58:6) – to solve problems,
Inviting the Holy Spirit’s aid in lifting loads and overcome barriers, that keep us from walking with the Lord.
A Church who is in desperate need of Revival, every tribe, tongue and ation is in desperate need of Evangelization.
3. Samuel Fast – Purpose: “To let the oppressed go free” (Isa. 58:6) – for revival and soul winning, to identify with people everywhere enslaved by sin
Key Verse: 1 Samuel 7:6 (quickview)  And they gathered together to Mizpah, and drew water, and poured [it] out before the LORD, and fasted on that day, and said there, We have sinned against the LORD. And Samuel judged the children of Israel in Mizpah.
Samuel led the fast to bring the Ark of the Covenant back in- and prayed that Isreal would be delivered from the sin that allowed the Ark to be captured.
When the church and its people are crying out for integrity, emotional healing and strength to overcome sinful and destructive habits.
4. Elijah Fast – Purpose: to break every Yoke” (Isa. 58:6) – conquering the mental and emotional problems that would control our lives, and return control to the Lord.
Key Verse: 1 Kings 19:4 (quickview)  But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I [am] not better than my fathers.
Not a formal Fast, Elijah did go with out food while fleeing from Jezebel,
A 21 day fast:
Heightens our awareness of the hunger needs in the world
5. Widows Fast – Purpose: To share our bread with the hungry and care fro the poor (Isa. 58:7) - to meet the humanitarian needs of others.