Summary: OUR SCRIPTURE TEXT TODAY SUMMARIZES THE LOST PERSON’S FATE, IN PLAIN AND SIMPLE LANGUAGE. IT POSES A QUESTION: “WILL YOU BE IN THE BLESSED BOOK OF LIFE, OR THE BURNING LAKE OF FIRE?”(MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION YOU WILL EVER BE ASKED) REVELATION CHAPTER 20
A DAY OF NO RETURN
TEXT: REVELATION 20
INTRODUCTION: OUR SCRIPTURE TEXT TODAY SUMMARIZES THE LOST PERSON’S FATE, IN PLAIN AND SIMPLE LANGUAGE.
IT POSES A QUESTION: “WILL YOU BE IN THE BLESSED BOOK OF LIFE, OR THE BURNING LAKE OF FIRE?”(MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION YOU WILL EVER BE ASKED)
REVELATION CHAPTER 20 REVEALS THE DOOM OF THE UNBELIEVING DEAD.
1. THOSE THAT REJECTED GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATION AND DIED LOST.
2. THIS IS THE FINAL JUDGMENT(GRACE HAS EXPIRED FOREVER)V15
3. THOSE WHO’S NAMES ARE NOT FOUND IN THE “LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE” WILL BE CAST INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE FOREVER AND EVER, TORMENTED CONTINUOUSLY AND ETERNALLY.
4. SOMEONE ONCE SAID: “AT THE END OF THE LINE, YOU ARE EITHER SANCTIFIED OR FRENCH FRIED”.
5. I PERSONALLY BELIEVE, AS TERRIBLE AS THE FIRES OF HELL AND ALL IT’S TORMENTS WILL BE** , THE WORST PART OF HELL WILL BE THE SINNER’S ABILITY TO LOOK UP TO HEAVEN AND SEE WHAT HE MISSED BY TRADING SALVATION FOR A LIFE OF UNCONFESSED SIN.
a. THE BLANK LINE WHERE HIS NAME COULD HAVE BEEN.
b. THE JOY AND BEAUTY OF HEAVEN AND ALL IT HOLDS FOR THE SAVED, REDEEMED SAINT OF GOD. (REFERENCE LUKE 16 )******
6. WHAT A SAD DAY TO FACE, A DAY OF NO RETURN.
NO RETURN TO PLEAD THEIR CASE (FOREVER LOST, FOREVER DOOMED) FOREVER SETTLED. NO LAWYER TO PLEAD YOUR CASE, NO LIBERAL JUDGE TO DECIDE IT, NO LOOPHOLES, JUST YOU AND ETERNITY FOREVER, IN THE BURNING PITTS OF HELL.
7. DAY OF NO RECONCILIATION. THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN CROSSED, THE DAY OF GRACE FOREVER GONE, FOREVER W/O GOD’S MERCY.
I. ? WHAT DOES SPIRITUALLY SEPARATED FROM GOD FOREVER MEAN? IT MEANS BEING LOST***
.(SPIRITUALLY LOST WITHOUT GOD.)
1. THERE ARE THOSE TODAY WHO MAY NOT CONSIDER THEMSELVES TO BE SAVED, RIGHTEOUS, RELIGIOUS ETC. YET THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PRESENCE OF GOD WITHIN THIS WORLD AND HIS PROTECTIVE AND PROVIDING HAND UPON THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN. 2 Thess 2:7-10:
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now HOLDS IT BACK will ALLOW until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
THE ONLY THING HOLDING BACK THE TOTAL DEPRAVITY OF MANKIND AND THE WICKED TOTAL RUIN OF SATAN IS THE HAND OF GOD***
1. EVERY PERSON ALIVE IS ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY FROM DEATH AND THEREFORE ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY FROM ETERNITY.
2. YOU CAN BE IN THIS WORLD ONE SECOND, AND FACING ETERNITY THE NEXT. ( ABOUT AS SERIOUS AS IT CAN GET)****
(B) ALL WHO ARE LOST ARE UNDER THE WRATH OF GOD.
6 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him."
REMAINS>> (ABIDES, KJV) PRESENT TENSE, NOW IN EFFECT.
( C) ALL WHO ARE LOST ARE UNDER THE CURSE OF GOD.
10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."
1. THE LAW CANNOT SAVE YOU (NOT THAT YOU COULD KEEP IT**)
2. THE LAW CANNOT KEEP YOU. ONLY THE GRACE OF GOD****
3. AS A LOST SINNER, MAN BY NATURE IS BORN IN SIN, A CHILD OF WRATH, AND UNTIL HE COMES UNDER CONDEMNATION (REALIZES HE IS A LOST, HELL BOUND SINNER) AND BECOMES A BELIEVER IN CHRIST, THEN THE WRATH OF GOD WILL CONTINUE UPON HIM.
(HANG OVER HIM, BECAUSE HE IS UNPARDONED, AND CONDEMNED TO PERISH IN HELL.)
II. SOME REASONS WHY ALL ARE LOST WHO HAVE NOT ACCEPTED CHRIST AS SAVIOR.
(A) WE ARE SINNERS BY NATURE.
. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions — it is by grace you have been saved.
AGAIN, THE PSALMIST SAID: “I WAS BORN IN SIN”
1. TODDLER>> MISCHIEF IN HIS EYES, CRIES TO GET HIS WAY ETC.