Summary: A handful of prayer reminders using the Five Fingers of Prayer. Many illustrations have been given with the hand or hands as the subject. Through the Bible tells us to first pray for those in authority and to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem,
A handful of prayer reminders using the
Five Fingers of Prayer.
Many illustrations have been given with the hand or hands as the subject. Through the Bible tells us to first pray for those in authority and to pray for Israel and the peace of Jerusalem, here are a handful of prayer reminders using the five fingers. This is not all we should pray for, especially for the lost and need to send forth workers into the harvest fields, but here are 5 good reminders. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 (KJV) 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing.
1. Your thumb is nearest to you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a "sweet duty." Acts 16:31 (KJV) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house
2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers. (1 Th 5:12 KJV) And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
A. Remember when you point the pointing finger that you have three other fingers pointing back at you.
B. We should never be an accuser of the brethren but to pray for one another.
(Rev 12:9 KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
(Rev 12:10 KJV) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
(Rev 12:11 KJV) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance. (Heb 13:7 KJV) Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation
4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You should pray much more for them. (James 5:16 KJV) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
5. And lastly comes our little finger, the smallest finger of all. Which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others, As the Bible says, "The least shall be the greatest among you." Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively. Let's make a decision and we start praying as I mentioned, God will brighten their life through our prayers! God Bless You and Yours! (Psa 139:23 KJV) Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
For more like this and for more info, go to www.tonyabram.com.