Summary: This is the fourth sermon in an 8 part sermon series on the vision of our church.
How many of you know that there is a process that you go through in order to be used by God?
· You can’t just get up and do whatever you want, however you want to do it and think God is going to jump through a hoop?
· There is a price to be paid for power
There is a relationship that has to exist to receive power
· God needs some folks that are willing to empty themselves so that He can place a calling in them
· God needs some folks that walk the strait and narrow so that He can annoint them
· God needs some folks that are pregnant with last day ministries...
The Redeeming River Church is a family of believers committed to preaching the cross with conviction, reaching the lost with compassion, and equipping the saints with the Word!
The Word tells us in Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish”. Therefore, we know that where there is a God breathed vision the people have life. It is because of God’s specific plan for us that we can clearly see where we are going.
7 We Will Be’s
· We will be a life giving church whose waters flow from the River of God through all cultures and generations!
· We will be a life sustaining church where the heartbeat of God will keep our families spiritually healthy.
· We will be a life birthing church where new ministries are conceived, delivered, nurtured, and sent out.
· We will be a people of faith and expectancy who are not moved by what we see, but stand in the God who we know!
· We will be a people of devotion who are committed to the work of the Lord through the local church!
· We will be a people of worship who honor the Lord for who He is and not what He will do for us!
· We will be a growing church whose walls will not contain us!
Conceived - To become pregant / Delivered - To give birth / Nurtured - To help develop / Sent Out - To hand over responsibility
I. HELP THERE IS SOMETHING GROWING IN ME - Conception - To become pregant
A. IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO
1. It takes two things to make a baby
2. A woman and a man
3. They can try to make a man have a baby all they want, but it still takes something he aint got
4. You can artificial inseminate all you want but the egg had to come from somewhere
5. Genowah is a Greek word that has been used to translate into conceived and born...it means the process between conception to birth
6. Mathew 2:1 - Jesus was physically born in Bethlehem
Now when Jesus was born (Gen-ow-ah) in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
7. Matthew 1:20 - Mary conceived with the Holy Ghost
But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived (Gen-ow-ah) in her is of the Holy Ghost.
8. When you are born there is an audience, but when you were conceived there were only 2
9. Being born is an event
10. Being conceived speaks of an intimate relationship
11. James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
12. When you have been intimate with God you can know how to love others...
13. I John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born (conceived (Gen-ow-ah) of God, and knoweth God.
14. When you have been intimate with God you can overcome the world
15. I John 5:3-4
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
For whatsoever is born (conceived (Gen-ow-ah) of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
B. A CHURCH THAT HAS CONCEIVED
1. When God has placed something inside of you
2. Money can’t buy it
3. Relationships can’t build it
4. Stuff can’t replace it
5. The devil can’t have it
6. It is what God has placed inside of you
7. When a church has conceived God has placed something supernatural in her
8. I want you to know this morning that when Jesus died he arose again
9. He didn’t leave with His miracles, but he left His miracles with us