Summary: This sermon develops Pauls concern with the Galatian church deserting the gospel, and discrediting his ministry.
I. Has your integrity ever been questioned by someone?
A. Has your motivation been questioned?
B. Has your drive been questioned?
D. Reason for action?
II. You’re not alone – the Apostle Paul’s ministry was questioned?
A. That is right, the Apostle Paul was thought to be a false teacher by a church which he had brought the good news of Jesus Christ
1. Paul had been a great missionary that had visited multiple metropolises throughout the known world.
2. One of those regions was the Galatian Region
3. Their he taught the gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone that would listen.
4. Now years later the church is questioning that message.
B. What has happened over this time period.
1. A group of Christians known as Judaizers has entered the Galatian church
2. A great disturbance has been caused by this group, questioning the very message of the gospel.
3. They taught that men must first follow the Judaism before becoming a Christian, and must continue to be legally bound by the other law.
C. When Paul heard about this mess, he decided to pen a letter to the Galatian church.
A. The gospel message was neither invention nor tradition but revelation.
Body: (From this point the sermon should be preached in the first person)
A. Don’t you remember my previous life?
1. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my age
a. I was circumcised on the eighth day
b. I was a Hebrew of Hebrew
c. In regard to the law, a Pharisee
d. As for zeal, persecutor of the church
e. As for legalistic righteousness, faultless
2. I was zealous for the traditions of my fathers
a. I was their giving approval for the stoning of Stephen
b. I went on house to house persecuting other Christians
c. I even went to the extent of a getting a legal document to provide for my innocence in persecuting Christians.
d. I believed in my cause.
B. Then I was blinded by the Lord on the road to Damascus.
1. A faithful follower of the Way, Ananias, came to teach me.
a. I can remember still to this day the blinding white light, my life changed from that day forward.
b. From what I understand, Ananias even had to receive a revelation from God to come to me.
2. Then on the Road to Damascus I repented of my old life, leaving Judaism behind.
a. When we found a suitable water hole, I was immersed into the family of God reenacting the death, burial and ressurrection of Jesus Christ.
b. From that day forward my life has changed.
3. But never did I receive an invented message from any man, nor did I create the message.
C. Then from my conversion in Damascus, I immediately went to Arabia and later returned to Damascus
1. It was not until three years later did I go Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter.
2. While their fifteen days, I saw James the Lord’s brother.
3. Then went to Syria and Cilicia and was still unknown to the Judean churches
4. So how is that anyone could claim that the Judean church and I could ever make up such a story.