Summary: We are called to be a powerful church
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
The book of Acts is said to be the centerpiece of the entire Bible.
All of the other books in scripture either anticipate the book of acts, looking forward to that mighty move of God,
- Or they use its record as a measuring stick for what the church should be.
The Old Testament builds a foundation for the church that emerged in the Book of Acts
- The epistles rest upon the accomplishments that were made in the Book of Acts.
- The letters written to the churches, which were established by the apostles, were intended to encourage them to continue in the same faith and practices that they were familiar with
- (the faith that was delivered to them by the apostles)
- The principles of the Book of Acts
? Understanding this, that everything that comes before it looks forward to it, and that everything that comes after it is built upon it
- It can easily be said that the Book of Acts is the most important book in the entire Bible.
- All previous writings are poured into it, and all later writings draw from it.
- It is the centerpiece of the bible, a picture of God’s kingdom on this planet, as he intended to establish it.
? We would have literally no concept of the first Church, or the method of the gospel’s progression, or the history of evangelization without the book of Acts.
The book of Acts, as a record of the first Church, should provide for us an expected norm
It is a statement of what the church was intended to be!
The principles that we stand upon, as an apostolic church are founded upon the book of Acts.
The book of Acts presents to us an image of the kind of church that we are supposed to be.
Its testimonies are not intended to represent an unreachable pinnacle, they are to represent the church as it should be.
The book of Acts represents the doctrine of the church as it should be, a message of power, a message that has the power to overcome sin and this world.
The doctrine of the book of Acts is our doctrine.
The baptismal formula of the book of Acts is our baptismal formula.
The message of that First Century Church is our message.
The message of deliverance and infilling of the Holy Ghost that we preach today comes straight out of the pages of the book of Acts.
The book of Acts represents the church that God imbued with his spirit, a church that was no stranger to the demonstration of the power of God.
I believe that it is time for us to become a Book of Acts Church in every way possible.
I believe that the principles that were employed by the first century church will still work in the 21st century.
I believe that God wants us to see a 21st century move of God that rivals what occurred on the 28 chapters of the book of Acts.
Some would say it can’t happen in this day and age.
Some would say that it is impossible, some would say that it wasn’t mean to be.