Summary: 22nd in a series from Acts this sermon examines the acceptance or rejection of the Gospel message with challenging questions of the hearer.
The Spirit, the Church, & the World: A Parting Message
The Gospel is the Good News about God’s love to us through Jesus.
The Gospel is, by its very nature, divisive.
It is a message that will lead to a parting: accepting or rejecting it.
How does the experience of Paul & Barnabas apply today?
I. Bold Proclamation of the Gospel leads to more opportunities.
1. Far from out-right rejection, they received a further invitation (42).
2. They encouraged the interested in God’s grace (43).
3. Overwhelming interest was the response (44).
• How are you bold, encouraging, & overwhelmed?
II. Jealous Rejection to the Gospel leads to opposition.
1. A positive response for some is negative for others (45).
2. Rejection of God’s message & messengers reveals sinfulness (46).
3. Humanity can persecute, but can not stop the Gospel (50-51).
• When have you been opposed or persecuted?
III. Glorious Acceptance of the Gospel leads to joy.
1. God desires all to know Him (46-47).
2. Joy and glory should fill the real believers (48, 52).
3. The message will spread from real believers (49).
• What about your life shows your acceptance of Jesus?