Summary: This is the seventh sermon in an 8 part sermon series on the vision of our churh.
The Redeeming River Church is a family of believers committed to preaching the cross with conviction, reaching the lost with compassion, and equipping the saints with the Word!
The Word tells us in Proverbs 29:18 “Where there is no vision, the people perish”. Therefore, we know that where there is a God breathed vision the people have life. It is because of God’s specific plan for us that we can clearly see where we are going.
7 We Will Be’s
· We will be a life giving church whose waters flow from the River of God through all cultures and generations!
· We will be a life sustaining church where the heartbeat of God will keep our families spiritually healthy.
· We will be a life birthing church where new ministries are conceived, delivered, nurtured, and sent out.
· We will be a people of faith and expectancy who are not moved by what we see, but stand in the God who we know!
· We will be a people of devotion who are committed to the work of the Lord through the local church!
· We will be a people of worship who honor the Lord for who He is and not what He will do for us!
· We will be a growing church whose walls will not contain us!
A. WHAT IS WORSHIP
1. Is Worship when you come into a building like this...
2. Is Worship when the instruments are tuned perfectly and all voices are on key
3. Is Worship when you get down on your knees and cry out for God to help you at your time of need
4. When you have no one else to turn to and you have tried everything else and then you come to God at your lowest point
B. THE DEFINITION
1. Worship - To show respect to pay homage to something that is worthy of honor
C. MANY PEOPLE
1. You see many people like to show respect to God when the timing is right
2. When everyone else is watching
3. When we need something from God
4. When we feel like giving respect
D. THE SCRIPTURE
1. John 4:23-24
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
2. The hour is here - It’s Time
2. True worshippers - To seperate true means there must be false
3. The Father Seeketh Such - seeketh (zeteo) - crave, demand something
II. SOME TRUE WORSHIPPERS
A. NOAH AND HIS ARK
1. Genesis 6:13
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
2. Every piece of gopher wood was handcrafted in respect of what God had told Him
3. Worship takes action!
B. ABRAHAM AND HIS SON
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
2. There is a problem Saraiah is old
3. There is a miracle Saraiah conceived
4. I have figured out the promise
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
6. Worship goes past what you can figure out!
C. JOB AND HIS TRIAL
1. Job 13:15
15 Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
2. Worship believes in the heart of God!
D. THE SINNER WOMAN AND HER ALABASTER BOX
1. Luke 7:37-38
37 And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,