Summary: Do we let fear and our own "realities" get in the way of God’s desire for our obedience and faith?
A Reasonable Rebellion
1. God said, “Go!” His People said, “No.” Deuteronomy 1:19-28
2. His People have their Reasons—a Human View of Reality.
• The Real Realities: the facts; it is the truth (v28).
• The Apparent Realities: believed to be the truth (v31).
• The Exaggerated Realities: a falsehood; it is not truth (v32).
• The Perceived Realities: accepted as the truth (v33).
• The Imagined Realities: without God it might be the truth (14:3).
3. God has His Reasons—the Sovereign View of Reality.
• The Promised Reality: God had given them the land (v20-25).
• The Expectant Reality: God desires faith, not fear (vv26- 29).
• The Working Reality: God will accomplish His will (v30).
• The Fatherly Reality: God loves His children (v31).
• The Powerful Reality: God can do anything (vv32-33).
4. His People said, “Go!” God said, “No.” Deuteronomy 1:41-45
5. Final Realities about Rebellion.
• “Reasonable” Rebellion leads to a Sovereign Judgment.
• Don’t be deceived, God may bless you & you may lack nothing—even in judgment. (Deuteronomy 2:7)