Summary: The downward spiral of American families minus discipline and Biblical correctness, which is our only hope as a repairer of the breach.
2-3-08 A Repairer of the Breach
Isiah 58:12 "And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shall raise up the
foundations of many generations; and you shall be called, The repairer of the breach, The
restorer of paths to dwell in".
My grandson got my attention this past weekend
- he wants to change schools
- he is alarmed about the High School he atttends in his city
- his old main line friends are slowly changing
- the toughest "straight kids" are now coerced into drugs
He feels very alone, fighting to stay drug free.
In a normal God fearing respectable home
- there are a few things that must stay in tact to remain that way
1. Strict prayer life
2. Commited to the church and to God
2. Faithful in integrity
4. Faithful in moral conduct
5. Faithful in reading Gods word
The faather must be the head of the house
- that includes in Godly matters
- the husband is priest of his home
It is his responsibility to be sure a family alter is provided
- He sets the spiritual tone of his house
When the father figure is missing
- the stage is set for a major disruption
- hopefully mom has a stong character
- strong enough to fill in the gap
I heard the story recently
- a rebellious daughter got her cell phone aken away
- even thrown into the fire
- and some other severe consecequences (like a thrashing)
A friend "Mr. Sanders" who spanked his college going daughter
- for confronting her mother
- he spanked her, like a little girl
- she jumped to her feet
- she said "dad you cain’t do that I am grown up"
- Mr Sanders said, sissy, as long as you are under my roof and I am Priest of my home
- you bad mouth your mother
- and you will pay this same price
Needless to say: Mr Sanderes raised an awesome family
- a son and two daughters who were the best mannered of children
- always a pleasure to be around.
We are to be known as a "repairer of the breach"
- that is like flood gates
- Its like the Hoover Dam (holds back flood waters)
- that is like our own Lake Cumberland
- the wall of our dam has weakened
- estimates of as long as 7 years to repair
ENEMIES OF THE HOME
(1) both parents working
(2) Lack of paental suervision
(3) fear of the system
(4) spank and go to jail
(5) Parents too grumpy
(6) little to no fun time with kids
(7) little to no Bible instruction
(8) un Christ- like examples in the church
(9) open shame is being removed from the home (era of no shame)
Divorce is on the rampage
- commitments are failing
People threw it up to Jesus saying: Moses allowed divorce and remarriage
- Jeuus said:" Moses allowed it because of the hardness of Israels hearts"
- "But form the beginning it was not so"
Marriagae is a life time commitment
- "what God has joined together let no man put assunder"
- "we become one flesh"
Jesus said: "why do you call me Lord Lord and do not what I say?"
Fornicators and adulters aren’t going anywhere
- they cannot go to heaven
- "all fornicators, adulters, and all liars cannot enter into the kingdom of God".
Yet the local churchs have couples living together
- and claiming all of the spiritual gifts moral people have